Part 1

From time to time, he'd jump off the chair and scream angrily to the point where he'd break his voice, crying in between the anger and frustration, sometimes begging the room to just end his misery. Other times he woild imagine the girl in the yellow raincoat to be beside him, at first he'd ask how she's been and if she'd eaten slowly drifting the conversation towards pleading to tel him why she'd leave him, rarely he'd dreamed of her coming to rescue him, her warm hand leading him out of this cold lonely silent prison.

The girl in the yellow raincoat. The only friend he had left from an unforgiving world that took everything from him. Only she betrayed him. She was the selfish one who stole his freedom. Was their entire friendship all a lie?

As time fluctuated, his bursts of anger and rage gradually evolved into a more patient silent wrath. Knowing that his younger-self will come through that door any time now, he dreamed of how he'll take his revenge. He was going to torture her mind, make her feel abandoned as she abandoned him.

Meanwhile, The Maw:
I grew weak, breathing heavily, I stared at myself, she's coming to take my powers, everything I built, all the people I've sacrificed just to survive, this monster.. she's myself.. What have I become? That mirror, it reveals how ugly I was deep down inside. I know I'm a monster.. but I don't care anymore. This world is cruel. Never even had a friend throughout my life and it turns out he himself was a monster.. Yeah.. Yeah It's his fault.. not mine.. stuck forever in this never ending time loop.. I know he's alive, out there waiting for me, but he'll never kill me, I won't give it him.

I felt her grubby little hands holding onto my clothes, before her teeth sank into my neck.

~~~~~~~

"HEY!!!"

I snapped opened my eyes in response to him. Where were we? I glanced backward to see an adult with sharp gaping fangs coming for us. I immediately shot up and grabbed his hand.

I didn't know what was happening, everything around us was blurry and dark.

We dodged falling objects from the shelves, I heard it's footsteps coming closer and closer, we turned a corner and got inside this kitchen.

He then let go of my hand ran over towards a small shelf next to the door, he whispered for me to help him. Although it was a little heavy, we managed to barricade the door, buying us a few moments at least.

We need some place to escape.

I looked around but the windows were closed, there were no other doors for us to leave through.

*BANG*
*BANG*
*BANG*
*SLAM*

The shelf slowly gave way, the monster's stronger than we thought!

My mind started to panic before he pointed up.. a small vent up near the cupboards we can escape through.

He then lead us underneath a chair and waited. The monster entered the room looking for us and when it found nothing, it angrily turned it's attention to the sound dripping water from the faucet, ripping and tearing breaking the pipes, creating a pool of water beneath it.

This damn monster, why don't you leave us alone! You already saw that nothing is in here! Get out you stupid heap of flesh!

He tugged my arm lightly, I followed his finger towards an electrical wiring from a toaster. I then realized what he was planning.. but that's risky.. we meed to cut the wire and somehow not be seen.

He lifted a finger to where his mouth was suppose to be behind his paper bag mask. Then we slowly crept behind the chair.. we picked up the fork together and tried to cut the wires.

*RAAAHHH!!!*

IT SAW US!!

Mono quickly pushed me away from this monster. I saw it grabbed him and hoisted him up to it's mouth.. I turned towards the open door, I was considering to run away but... I owed him a favor..

I scooped up the fork and rushed toward's it's feet, I stabbed it through one of it's toes and the creature howled in pain, letting go of my friend.

I watched as this thing recoiled backwards, it's bloody feet slipping on the water puddle. It lost it's balanced and it's head crashed into the jagged broken faucet. It's head cracked open like an egg, I watched satisfyingly as it's blood and brain matter spilled out of it's skull.. serves you right..

I looked over to Mono to see if he was okay. He layed there sprawled on the floor, not moving.

"Oi.." I whispered, nudging his arm.

He didn't respond.

"Heeey," I tugged.

Wake up Mono.. please...

"HEY!!!" I shouted desperately.

I heard a soft groan behind his paper bag. Ha, that's a relief.. no other kids can make it in this world by themselves, I can't make it without him.

I hoisted him up and placed him sitting behind the wall. Was he really okay? Or did he hit his head just like the monster?

I lifted his mask up slowly, checking to see any blood or any injuries he got from the fall. I didn't get to see much as Mono stopped my hand from going anywhere near his eyes.

"No.." he uttered. His voice was much clearer now that his paper bag wasn't covering his mouth.

"Why?" I asked.

"This world hates us, Six. Every time I look into the mirror, I don't want to be reminded of who I am, who I was. Because this world hates me, it's better if I don't show my face."

"But I wanna see if you hurt yourself, what if you hit your head?"

"No.. No I'm alright, I just got the wind knocked out of me.."

I let go of his mask and he placed it back on.

I needed to make sure he was still thinking right. I held up hands and asked, "How many fingers am I holding up?"

Mono rubbed his eye holes and stared at my hands.

"Three."
"Four."
"Eight."

Everything was right. I'm surprised he's fine.

My stomach growled.

"Hungry?" he asked.

"Yeah.. a little.."

"We'll we're in a kitchen, let's go see what's in the fridge."

We opened it and grabbed whatever food was still good to eat. Canned strawberry, dried beans, a few sliced bread and a half empty ketchup bottle.

We tore off a plank from the floor and used the cut wire to start a small fire. After heating the bread we opened the can of strawberries and spread it across and added a little bit of ketchup, not exactly a five star meal, but I was too hungry to even care.

I savored every bite. I hadn't had a meal this warm in forever, I watched Mono lift up his mask partially as he bit into his piece of bread. I could tell he was just as hungry as me, but tried to act tough by showing restraint on his food.

"Hey, if you slowly chew your food slower, it'll last much longer," he told me.

I followed his advice. The meal did seem to last a little longer.

~~~~~~

to be continued