ALARM

A/N: ~Fandom: Sanders Sides~
Main Character: Virgil Sanders
TW FOR: panic attack, sobbing/crying, hair pulling, screaming, feeling insane Enjoy~!

I rocked back and forth, pushing my heels into the ground each time I went forwards, pushing up on my heels to rock back again. I looked around, feeling something staring at me in the darkness of my room.
At the moment, I was hugging my knees. Tears leaked from my eyes and trickled down my face, my eyes going blurry. I blinked a few times to try and clear my view but it was no use.
Tick tock.... Tick tock..... Tick tick tick....
The alarm inside my head went. Ticking slowly and menacingly. It was like it was trying to mock me, ticking slowly to ensure I went insane.
7 minutes till I leave the darkness that has been pulling me back....
I was finally going to do it. Seeing those three happy people and Thomas on the other, and much brighter, side made my insides hurt. They all looked so.... Peaceful and had nothing to worry about. When I looked back at the two who had taken care of me for so long, something didn't feel right. Now here I am, sobbing like a baby, trying to make up my mind if I actually wanted to go with them.
One of those happier folks seemed very... annoying so to say. One of them was tall and constantly had these small cards with him. The last was a bit shorter and had a grey sweater tied around his neck. Personally, I didn't get their fashion at all, although... the guy with the tie....
WAIT NO, VIRGIL WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? THEIR FASHION IS GROSS. AND SINCE WHEN DID YOU CARE ABOUT FA- tick tock..... Tick tock.... Tick tick tick.... The alarm got louder in my head. I had been thinking for 3 minutes now?! 4 minutes left....
Now... the panic was flooding into me like a huge tsunami just washed up onto shore. My breaths picked up in speed, very short and shallow. I heard a knock on my door and a questioning voice I knew all too well, "Virgil? You alright in there?" Janus.
"I-I'm fine! Don't worry about it!" I called, choking back a sob to get the words out properly. I heard his boots click away from my door, probably over to his room or maybe Remus'.
I covered my mouth, preventing the small noises coming from my mouth. I was getting stressed and panicky. ||Shit||, I'm probably making Thomas feel bad right now. All I ever do is mess up!
TICK TOCK; TICK TOCK; TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK There were more alarms in my head, all ticking and tocking at different times.
STOP PLEASE STOP! I CAN'T DO THIS! THEY WON'T ACCEPT ME!! My mind screamed back at the ticking. I grabbed my checkered pillow and stuffed my face into it, screaming and screaming until my voice went raw.
TICK TOCK TICK TOCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK- It kept going, feeling like all the alarm noises were knocking on my skull. 3 minutes left.
After 3 minutes of the knocking and banging on my skull, one noise over all the loud, speaker-like ticking... a clear and loud DIIIIIIIIIIING! And one by one, each of the alarms went off. Some went off at the same time, some went off seconds or even milliseconds apart until my brain was hammering with loud ding's and ping's
DIIIIIIIII-PIIIIIIIIIIING-DIIING-DINPIIIIIIIII- DINGGGGG- PIIIIIIIIIIING!!!!!!
I let out a loud, piercing, raw scream; holding and pulling on my hair as I struggled to stay sane and in the real world. I heard a whisper over all of the noise in my head... it sounded very distant.... "Virgil!!!!" tap tap tap. It was... Janus..? Am I wrong to leave him and Remus...? The tapping was actually loud knocks, and his whispering was his loud screaming. I heard Remus join in, banging on my locked, black door as I kept letting out loud screeches.
Seconds later, I looked up, eyes open and tears gone. I was in a bright room, so bright I had to squint. I heard a few gasps and looked around the room. My eyes started to focus and I saw a few figures. Someone wearing a red sash, a short one with something tied around their neck, one with a tie, and finally one with a red shirt with a yellow star in the middle of it.
"Awww! Look at him! He looks so scared! It's okay buddy!" The one with the neck thing said. He sounded very friendly...
"Well look who dropped the whole Hot Topic store in that part of the room." The red sash one sassed, laughing at his own comment after.
"Now, now Roman, be nice to our new visitor. Hello Anxiety." The one with the tie glared at the guy who was Roman, the red sash guy, and then looked at me when he said 'hello'.
I'll be okay...... won't I...?
Very faintly..... I could still hear the small ticking and tocking of one alarm... waiting for it's next chance to destroy me.
Tick tock.... Tick...... Tock........... Tick.....Tick..... Tick.........

A/N: Thanks for reading! If you would like me to add on to the before and after of this short story, please comment or let me know!! This was just for fun for a little competition with an 'Alarm' prompt in a discord server I'm in (shout out to y'all <3)!

See ya soon! ^-^

(913 words)