X. Guardians Join the War

The council waited in the throne room casually for Diana to return with the guardians. Some gods removed themselves from their thrones to speak with each other. Others sat idly waiting like Hephaestus tinkering with his projects, or Hermes making calls.

Hades talked with his brothers about the troubles of ruling a kingdom. Ares attempted to flirt with an unbothered Aphrodite. Athena, Apollo, and Hestia chatted casually together a bit away from the hearth.

Hestia sat as if she felt alone, tending to the hearth with a lost expression on her young face. Thalia sat with the queen, peacefully watching over an unconscious Jack. Now that she knew Percy was somewhere in there, she had hope again.

Diana warned the lone goddess against upright informing Jack of his other identity. Such a dangerous piece of information could cause chaos within him. If Jack was not yet mentally and emotionally ready, he could lose his sanity.

Time passed slowly as finally, after twenty minutes of waiting, Diana arrived with the guardians.

The guardians looked around the massive throne room before finding an unconscious Jack. Weapons were readied, sand swirling violently, and Tooth had her fists balled.

"Calm down." Athena called to the newly arrived guests. "Your fellow guardian is only sleeping. We have done him no harm, nor is it our intention to do so to any of you."

"Ah. You must be the queen Diana was talking about." Tooth says with a smile on her face.

"No." Athena shook her head. She turned her body and pointed towards Hestia tending to her hearth. "This is the ruler of the gods, Queen Hestia."

"Huh?" Bunny spits out quickly.

"Little girl is queen you say?" North asks with a confused expression.

Sandman shot out a flurry of strange symbols made of his golden dust. None of the gods understood what he was trying to say.

Hestia slowly looked up to see who had spoken. She took in the appearance of the guardians and was happy to find so much hope filled in their hearts. The queen smiled softly before flashing in bright flames.

Hestia and the rest of the gods were all seated in their thrones. The Olympian council, in their godly size, looked down at the guardians. Hestia had managed to draw strength from the hope the guardians had and was in her adult form.

Long flowing brown hair, a beautiful dress of brown, black, and orange adorned her body tightly. Eyes blazed with power and the colors of fire.

To say the guardians were all shocked, was an understatement. Mouths hung open while eyes went wide and silence remained.

"Guardians of Diana, the moon goddess, we seek your help. However, an introduction is in order for both respect and the future of our cooperation."

"Santa Claus." North says with a smile and putting his weapons away. "You can call me North."

"Bunnymund." Replies the grouchy Easter Bunny.

"Toothiana, queen of the fairies, but please, call me Tooth." Tooth then points to the short golden man beside her. "This is Sandman. We call him Sandy."

The gods all nodded their heads in respect to all of their introductions. The Olympians quickly introduced themselves along with their domains. After their introductions, Hestia began discussing the future war and the guardians' roll in it.

Thalia was occupied with looking after Jack she barely registered her name being called.

"Huh?" She says as she looks up at Hestia.