Chapter 9

Wyatt looks about three months old after two days. His growing rate is spectacular. Both the Olympic and Denali coven are speechless. Irina is upset that Laurent took off after a call from Victoria, but she soon became distracted by Wyatt's growth. Alice saw her first vision of Mary since she was pregnant and she's waking up at any second.

Carlisle is sitting by her side since Rosalie has taken Wyatt. Mary asked Rosalie and Emmett to be the baby's godparents a week after she found out. Rose was thrilled by the question and she accepted. Emmett didn't turn it down, he was surprised Mary asked him because of the bond she shares with Jasper, but he was pleased and said yes.

Carlisle watches as Mary regains her color back, her hair gets his volume. He smiles as her eyes snap open and they're a deep crimson color and she inhales deeply. The doctor helps his fiancée sit and she looks at him, astounded and amazed. Carlisle smells like medicine and flowers. Like pure Heaven. She grabs his face and she kisses him lovingly and then her throat begins to burn a little.

"Let's go hunt," Carlisle says and then she's gone. "After you," he muses before he runs after her.
🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Mary and Carlisle return after a hunt, she did amazing. Rosalie steps up with Wyatt in her arms and Mary smiles widely. She takes him and suddenly she gets a thought as Wyatt pushes them into her head.

"He's gifted," Jasper says. "He can push memories and thoughts onto someone else."

"You're gifted, as well, Mary," Eleazar says. "You're an emotion manipulator. You can make one feel whatever you want them to. Almost like Jasper, but different."

"I knew it would be something dealing with emotions because of your panic disorder as a human," Elias says. "You're going to make one heck of a vampire, Mary, and an even better mom."

"How long was I out?" Mary asks as she notices Wyatt's size.

"Two days, but Wyatt's growth rate is extraordinary," Carlisle informs the love of his life. "He looks like you."

"He really does, doesn't he?" Mary asks with a smile as she stares at her son, who is also staring at her. "Hi, Wyatt, I'm your mom, as you seem to already know."

Wyatt coos and gurgles cutely as he grabs a handful of Mary's hair, making the mom and vampire beam happily.