𝟎𝟎𝟕. 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐎𝐑 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐓

MARIANA WAS SITTING IN THEsecond to last last seat in the back of the bus, stiles and scott sitting in the last one behind her

second to last last seat in the back of the bus, stiles and scott sitting in the last one behind her. she was reading a book. her and the cross-country team were going to a meet, leaving the students sitting in uncomfortable seats for hours.

stiles and scott were studying ACT words. stiles quizzing scott who had been in nothing but pain. "okay, next word" stiles spoke, "um, darach" he casually said, earning mariana's attention who looked at the duo, both scott and ana staring at stiles.

"darach, it's a noun" he continued to casually speak. mariana looked at the injured beta, who stared out the window, wanting nothing to do with the conversation. "we have to talk about it sometime, okay? and we're going to be stuck on this bus for like 5 hours, so why not now?" stiles questioned, the werewolf next to him silent.

"he's right, scott" mariana gently implied, now sitting on her knees to face the two, stiles looked at her, in which she ignored. stiles wasn't exactly thrilled when scott told him he told mariana about the darach. he was even less thrilled when scott had also said she already knew about them. it added to his suspicion. he knew she knew more about their world than she led on.

as for mariana, she didn't know why stiles was being such an ass all of a sudden. and it pissed her off. and there was some part of her that was more pissed off at the fact that she didn't like it. nor did she like the feeling she felt when she looked in his eyes. it made her heart flutter. so she avoid him for a while. it worked until now.

so she opted in turning around and grabbing her earbuds, blasting her music. at least it helped get stiles out her mind. "okay, next word.." he spoke in defeat, not even trying to push scott further, "intransigent" he looked at scott, waiting for an answer. "stubborn, obstinate" he spoke.

the bus hit a bump on the road, causing it to shake vigorously, the beta groaning in pain. "oh, buddy, you okay?" the whiskey eyed brunet asked his best friend, not receiving an answer. "we shouldn't have come. i knew it, we shouldn't have come" he spoke like a worried mother.

"we had to, there's safety in numbers" scott replied. "yeah, well, there's also death in numbers, okay. it's called a massacre" stiles deadpanned. "or bloodbath, carnage, slaughter, butchery, wow, that's.."he trailed off. scott groaed in pain. "alright, scott i'm telling coach to-"

"no, no, no" he pleaded, gently grabbing his wrist to stop him from leaving his seat. "i'm alright" he tried to reassure, not convincing his best friend. "well, you don't look alright" stiles countered. "would you just let me see it" he demanded, moving to lift scott shirt up, who jerked away.

"I'm okay" he spoke again, his voice sounding otherwise. "just let me see it, okay?" stiles responded, the injured werewolf replying with a soft okay. he lifted his shirt. "scott that does not look fine"

"i know it's bad. it's because it's from an alpha, it'll take longer to heal" he reassured, sitting himself into a more comfortable position. "how come boyd and isaac are fine then?" stiles pointed out. the previous night, derek and scott's pack fought against the alpha pack, resulting in scott getting brutally hurt. and the death of derek hale

"i can't believe he's dead. i cant believe dereks dead" scott spoke in disbelief and grief. the night before, scott's pack and derek's pack attempted to fight the alpha pack. the alpha had fallen from where the fight broke out, sadly, not surviving the fall. derek was a big part of scott's life, for he was the one who showed the beta how to live as a werewolf.

"mccall, not you too" coach complained, referring to one of the runners, jared, who had severe motion sickness. "no, coach i'm good" he replied, his face deeply betraying him. "hey, scott, you're bleeding again. and don't tell me that it's just taking longer to heal, because im pretty sure that still bleeding means not healing. like, at all" stiles commented, the beta not paying attention to him. "he's listening" scott spoke, stiles turning to where he was looking, which was one of the alpha twins.

"is he gonna do something?" stiles asked cautiously. "not in front of this many people" scott spoke. "okay, well, what about the two ticking time bombs sitting right by him?" stiles deadpanned, pointing at boyd and isaac. "nothing. not here"

〖➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵〗

the bus hadn't moved a bit since it had last stopped. it had been hours. "there's a jackknife tractor a few miles ahead" isaac spoke. "could miss the meet" he said, looking over at a furious boyd. the beta called his name twice. "boyd, whatever you're thinking of doing, don't." isaac warned. his eyes widen, seeing how boyd's claws dug into the seat in front of him.

this caught the attention of the three teens in the back and scott was quick to get up, rushing to boyd. the angry wolf got up, getting pulled back by scott. "don't" he whispered, his voice firm and threatening. "let. go." he coldly spoke. "you got a plan? some brilliant idea on how to kill him in front of this many humans? tell me how you'll succeed and i'll let you go." he glowered, in hopes to convince him. "i don't care"

she eventually got bored, laying her head back against her jacket that she laid on the window. as she was about to put in her other ear bud, the spot next to her sunk in, turning her attention to it. "what do you want"

"to apologize" the girl furrowed her brows. stiles was going to have to work harder in catching mariana. he'd already started battling himself in his mind, not truly knowing if he could trust her or not. "i've been a dick, i know. and i have no excuse. i'm just protective of my friends. it's hard for me to trust people"

"clearly" the boy sighed, knowing his words would do nothing. "i really am sorry, mariana" now it was her turn to sigh. she didn't want any any enemies. she didn't want to be like klaus, treating anyone with such hostility and anger. she didn't want to be like him. "i think i can forgive you. but you gotta stop being a dick for no reason. you can't be begging for my friendship one day then the next act like i'm a-"

he grew confused at her sudden silence. and somehow, someway, he was pretty sure he felt that small ping of emotion. pain. and he definitely knew it wasn't his own feelings. he looked into her eyes. could it be possible he had felt her emotions? "like a what?"

"nothing. forget it" she replied. "just...don't make up some bad version of me in your head without getting to know me" she laid her head back on her jacket, putting her ear bud. a rush of guilt fled through him. he simply nodded his head, going back to his spot next to scott who was sitting back down.

"crisis averted?" he asked the werewolf. "mhm" the beta replied, the sadness radiating from his best friend's chemo-signals. "what's wrong?" he asked stiles, the boy just sighed slumping down into his seat.

"we're supposed to be the good guys, scott. so why do i feel like we're not doing much good lately?" stiles was stuck in his thoughts. the more time he spent with mariana, the more he was growing to enjoy her and her presence. it made him hate himself for still feeling like she was a part of these sacrifices. but he didn't want to rule it out. not yet.

he had to find out what mariana told scott and see if she was actually manipulating them. who knows, maybe she didn't have anything to do with the sacrifices. but that didn't mean there weren't other people that could be. like her parents. maybe she was their cover up. either way, he was going to figure it out.

he looked down at his wrist. looking over the initials. he recalled scott telling him mariana had a story. maybe it had to do with why there was an m on his wrist instead of a p. for the life of him, he couldn't figure out what it was with mariana. it was driving him insane. she was driving him insane. and yet, he felt like he couldn't get enough.

-
-
-
short chapter, im trying to link up the chapters and not change much 🙏🏽