26: The Eyes

Stormtroopers surround the building increasing tensions amongst the group.

"Is there another way out?" Cara calls out.

"No, that's it," Karga calls out taking a swig of an alcoholic drink.

"What about the sewers?" Din pipes up after a moment of silence. Nova was determined to do whatever it takes to get Grogu back.

"Sewers?" Karga asks.

"The Mandalorians have a covert down in the sewers," Din mentions. "If we can get down there, they can help us escape."

"Yeah, sewers are good!" Cara's face lightens up.

"Checking for access points," Din presses a button on his helmet and begins scanning the room. Nova moves to look out of the window watching as the Stormtroopers watch the building.

"What the hell are they waiting for?" Karga ashes approaching the other side of Nova.

"Probably for us to come out crying," Nova answers sarcastically. She looks up to Karga who looks like he wants to do exactly that. "Which we are not doing." She glares at the taller man.

"Oh uh of course," Karga takes another swig of his drink.

"Stop drinking old man," Nova calls out. "We need you to shoot straight if we are getting out of here.

"It calms my nerves," Karga argues. A loud noise draws their attention again. A group of stormtroopers unpacks and bring forward weapons parts.

"Hold up," Cara calls out trying to get a better look at the weapon being set up by the troopers. It looked to be a cannon of some sort to Nova. "They're setting up an E-Web."

"It's over," Karga gulps.

"I found the sewer vent," Din calls out to the group.

"Let's get the hell outta here," Cara helps Din reveal the vent which leads to the sewers. Nova stays watching them assemble the weapon. The troopers power up the weapon.

"It's assembled," Nova's voice is soft but loud at the sudden realization.

"How long until that thing's cleared?" Karga yells to the others.

"Blow it," Cara calls out to Din.

"I'm out of charges," Din admits.

"Get out of the way!" Cara grabs her rifle and begins to shoot at the vent. The enemy outside watches and listens to the racket happening inside the building. She tries to kick the vent in, but it doesn't budge.

"Your astute panic suggests that you understand your situation," The man outside speaks again drawing the attention of the group. "I would prefer to avoid any further violence and encourage a moment of consideration."

"Members of my escort have completed assembly of an E-Web heavy repeating blaster. If you are unfamiliar with this weapon, I am sure that Republican Shock Trooper Carasynthia Dune of Alderaan will advise you that she has witnessed many of her ranks vaporize mid-descent facing the predecessor of this particular model. Or perhaps the decommissioned Mandalorian hunter, Din Djarin, has heard the songs of the Siege of Mandalore when gunships outfitted with similar ordnance laid waste to fields of Mandalorian recruits in The Night of a Thousand Tears. I advise disgraced Magistrate Greef Karga to search the wisdom of his years and urge you to lay down your arms and come outside. Or maybe even princess Novari Zatoq of Alluria can remind you of the lives that could be lost," Nova freezes at the words that echo through the streets. She had not heard that in so long. Princess. She would hardly think of her in such away. She wanted to turn to face Din, but the fact she can already feel the confusion radiating off of everyone she remained frozen.