1|

Dec 1977-

A clear breeze blew the pile of leaves sitting in the stack away. The crystal wind chimes clang together as they gleamed in the sunlight. In the corner near a rocking chair, sat the American Sweetheart.

Tears streamed down her cheek falling onto a black and white polaroid. " pull yourself back together" she sniffled, putting the polaroid in her back pocket. Aurora stood to her full height as she glanced around.

Raising her hand to block the sun from view, she turned towards the back door contemplating if ready to go inside. Aurora rubbed her tear stains with her cold fingers walking towards the door.

Walking inside the boxes were being moved out by workers. "Aurora!" surprised at the sudden noise she looked around to see who called her. Her elder sister Lynda was walking towards her in rushed footsteps.

                                  (Lynda Presley)

(Lynda Presley)

"Do you feel better now?" Lynda asked concernedly as she embraced Aurora in a hug. "How did you know I was crying?"  Aurora asked, attempting to pull away, fighting her sister's affection. " I didn't. I just thought you were upset, now I know you were crying" Lynda laughed hugging Aurora tighter.

"Okay, that's enough back up" Aurora groaned, pushing Lynda away. Her face was flushed from the unanticipated attention, biting her lip she looked around at everyone else.

Lynda chuckled as she glanced at her baby sister's awkwardness. " um" Lynda paused as if she remembered the current situation. "Why don't you go check if Cindy's room is packed up" she suggested glancing in that direction.

Without saying a word Aurora headed in that direction, already climbing the stairs. Dragging her feet towards her little sister's room.

Ring, ring, ring. Aurora paused in her steps as she listened to the home phone go off. Ring, ring, ring. Biting her lip she decided to answer it herself.  She jogged towards the upstairs living room, sitting on the couch she paused for a moment before answering.

"Hello" Aurora called out to the phone reluctantly. "Hey Aurora" a voice responded. Her eyes widened, mouth dropping open as she realized who had called.

" Michael, Hey I didn't realize it was you calling' she chuckled nervously

"yeah I just wanted to check on how my favorite girl is doing" Immediately Aurora started blushing. She bit her lip and responded " you're gonna make me blush, plus I'm positive you tell all the girls that"

Laughter erupted on the other side of the phone. She smiled silently as she listened to his light feathery laugh.

"That's definitely not true" Michael snorted as Aurora rolled her eyes "what are you doing right now" he asked her. Aurora sighed twirling the phone cord on her finger "... well um we're packing up graceland"