Honesty

"We need to talk," I said to him, and he put down the file that he was looking at, "I need you to be completely honest with me. Why did you give me up?"

He sighed, clasping his hands together. "It wasn't an easy decision to make. But it's what was best for you."

"Why?" I ask him again, and he looked at me.

"Casey, we did what we did to protect you. The elemental gene isn't from me. It was from your mother." He said, and Stiles and I look at each other in shock.

"Why didn't Mom say anything? Why couldn't you just tell me the truth?" Stiles asked him.

"It wasn't that easy, Stiles. You and your mother come from a special bloodline. Your grandmother Cordelia Mercier was just like you, Casey." He told me, and I recognized that name.

"Cordelia? Ms. Blake mentioned that name when she tried to kill me. She knew I was her granddaughter. But how?" I asked him, and he points to my necklace.

"That pendant. She gave that to you the day you were born. Claudia asked why since she never took it off, and she said that she felt that it was time to pass it on. Cordelia died a few days after you were born, and your mother and I suspected you were like her, but then on the night of her death, the pendant glowed, and your eyes turned silver. We knew they were going to come after you, so we had to hide you."

"Wait, who are they?" Stiles asked. "Did someone murder Grandma?"

"They're an old family from France, just like the Mercier's. They've been after the silver-eyed elementals because they believe they have too much power, that they're dangerous to society. They're hunters." He said. "Claudia grew up with Chris and knew that he could protect her, so we gave Casey to Chris and Victoria, and we acted like she died to protect her."

He looked me in the eyes. "Casey, your mother and I loved you so much that we gave you up. It was the hardest thing to do, but the fact that we knew you'd be safe was enough for us. I'm sorry that you both had to grow up without each other because you were so attached to her, Stiles. You would actually cry when someone took her away from you."

"But you did." He said vulnerably. "You told me she died. You took my baby sister away from me."

"To protect her, Stiles." He sat up straighter. "We never wanted to do it, but we did it for a reason. The fact that she's sitting next to you right now is proof of what we tried to do. She's alive because we gave her to Chris."

"She knew that no one would suspect a thing," I said in realization. "The Argent's are one of the first family of hunters. No one would question them or think that they were hiding me in plain sight." I start messing with my charm bracelet. "When did you know?" I ask him.

"The moment I saw you. You look so much like your mother. You're a lot like Cordelia too. You know, the second bedroom was originally supposed to be your room, but I remember that we kept most of Cordelia's stuff in there. There are journals and stuff that she wanted you to have when you were old enough."

"Where are they?"

He started to think. "The attic, I believe. If you want, I'll go up there tomorrow and get them for you." I just nod in response. "Casey, not one day has gone by that I haven't thought of you. I know you're upset, and you have a right to be, but don't hate Chris. He loves you, Casey, even if you think differently. He's your father, not me. He raised you, and he did one hell of a job. I love you, Casey. You're my daughter too, and I hope one day you can forgive us."

"I-I'll think about it. My parents always told me we moved for my protection, and I hated it. I just wanted a normal life. But my life will never be normal. Will it?" I asked him.

"It's how you make of it. Your powers make you special. But you always have been to me. The both of you. Now," he stood up, starting to collect the strewn papers and the files on the table. "Get to bed, you two. You got school. Goodnight. I love you." He told us, gathering his belongings before walking away from us.

"Casey? You okay?" Stiles asked me, putting his hand over mine.

"I think so." I look at him. "I mean, things are slowly starting to make sense."

"It'll get better. I promise. Tomorrow I'll go up to that attic myself and grab that stuff for you. You're not alone, Casey. You never will be." He told me, and I smiled.

"Thank you," I said, and he rubs his thumb over my knuckles.

"That's what brothers are for." He said, and I chuckled, finding it funny how quick he is to get into big brother mode.

Maybe this won't be so bad.

-

I throw on my tank top, grabbing my brush and brushing out my hair before I went to bed when I heard something behind me. I whip around, using my hairbrush as a weapon just to see Liam.

"Liam?" I take the brush away from him and put it down.

"Hey. I'm sorry if I scared you." He said, and I saw my door open.

"One second." I hold my finger up to him, walking over to my door and shutting it. "How did you know where I live?" I ask him, sitting down on my bed, and he chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Jocelyn kinda told me. I wanted to see if you were okay. She told me what happened." He said, and I let out an 'oh'.

"Yeah, um, I'm still in shock, but I'll get over it," I tell him, and he sits down next to me.

"Isn't that a lot to take in? You know you don't always have to act like you're okay." He said, and I fumble with my ring.

"Okay, it's more than a shock. I know why they gave me up, to protect me. But my mom's dead, and the only person who knows anything about me is dead too. I mean, her things are up in the attic, but I just- It's not fair." I wrap my arms around him, resting my head in his chest, and he lets me. I feel him kiss the top of my head, holding me close to him.

"Everything's gonna be okay. Who knows, you might like what you find out." He said, and maybe he was right. Maybe, I would like what I found out.

I look up, and our faces were really close to each other. My eyes flicker down to his lips, my stomach filled with butterflies. I lean up hesitantly, my lips just brushing his, and his hand cupped my cheek, pressing his lips to mine. My cheeks burn red as we kissed, my lips slowly curling into a smile.

"Can you stay?" I ask him when we pull away, and I giggle when I see his cheeks turn scarlet.

"A-Are you sure? I mean, I did come in here unannounced, and what if someone walks in and-" I cut him off with a kiss, my hands moving to his shoulders. He immediately responded to the kiss, his hands moving down to my waist.

"I don't care," I said to him, and he smiled at me. "Do you?"

"A little." He admitted. "But I think I'll be fine."

I smile at him, suddenly letting out a yawn, and he chuckled. I squeal when he picks me up, placing me under my covers before getting in himself, and I turn off the light.

I gasp when Liam pulls me closer to him, my back pressing up against his chest, and our fingers interlaced with each others.

"Goodnight, Casey." He whispered to me.

I snuggle closer to him. "Goodnight, Liam."