Chp 11-Truth Or Dare(Part Two)

Louis' POV

What. Did I hear that right? Niall's dare was to kiss me?!? No no no no no! This cannot be happening!

We're already in a tough spot with our relationship and we do NOT need this right now. I look over at Niall, who's fingers are nervously playing with eachother.

"Well? Come on lads!" Harry encourages. "It's just a simple kiss!"

His dorky smile causes a timid one to form on my face. I take a deep breath and force myself to do some quick thinking.

The lads suspect nothing of it. So, if this was a normal situation I'd crack a joke and kiss Niall like it was no big deal.

Ok, Louis. You can do this.

"C'mere, you sexy leprachaun," I joke and Niall scootches closer to me. His eyes flicker to mine, full of confusion. I shrug and lean closer.

I feel his breath on my neck and almost shiver, but stop myself.

Just do it, I tell myself.

My lips slam onto his without a second thought. I close my eyes, blocking out the teasing from the lads.

Niall tilts his head to deepen the kiss, which I react to and kiss him harder. All of a sudden a huge clap of thunder rings out, causing me to jump back from Niall.

Liam speaks up, "Wow...ok."

Zayn coughs awkwardly. "That...was erm-good-"

Another clap of thunder shakes the house. My heart leaps in my chest and I hug my knees to my chest in fear. I quickly look out the dark windows and see a figure silhouetted by the lightning. Harry hugs me protectively and I bury my face in his chest.

Memories of my nightmares come back and haunt me. The rain pounding down, the thunder booms, the helplessness.

"H-he's here," I hiss into Harry's ear, careful that the other lads don't hear.

He tells me, "No, Louis, he's not here. You're just overreacting."

Fearful tears pour down my face.

"Shhh, it's ok, Louis," Harry whispers into my ear. He knows exactly what my nightmares are about. He understands why I'm terrified of storms. He's the only person that understands. Despite my possible attraction to Niall, Harry's what I need right now.

I cling onto his shirt desperately after another loud clap echoes through the house. My breathing grows heavy and I begin hyperventilating.

Each boom and flash cause fresh tears to spill down my face and new terror to paralyze my body. The lack of air causes me to become dizzy. My body shakes uncontrollably as I cling onto Harry, depending on him.

What if he's here for me? Did he find me? There's no way!

"Louis," Harry says sternly. "It's ok. Eerything's ok. He hasn't figured anything out. There's no way he could have," his voice drops low so only I could hear.

I nod and trust him. He pulls me onto his lap, still sat on the living room floor, and cradles me like he does every storm. His hands stroke my hair softly as he whispers soothing things into my ear.

I don't notice as the lads exit the room, Niall lingering behind with an obviously jealous expression. All I remember is the fear as I stare intently out the windows and at the door, waiting for him to come charging through to take me.

***

Niall's POV

The next morning, I wake up to a bright sunshine, signaling that the storm has left. I trudge down the stairs, my emotions running high from last night and my stomach growling for a meal.