Safe and Sound

'Bang' 'Bang'
Two gunshots were heard and all of the students began screaming and panicking. They rushed out pushing each other as the gunshots got louder and louder.

I pulled my gun out from my bag and began looking around for the possible armed shooter(s). I walked towards the hallway to find dead bodies of the university's security guards.

I searched the place but could not find the shooter(s). It's possible that they have already escaped from the building. I was about to put my gun back when I heard a faint voice behind a closed door.

I quickly hid behind as I peeked and quietly listened to the conversation.

"She's not here."
The unknown man said on his phone.

"Okay."
He ended the call and was about to exit through the door when he suddenly heard police sirens.

"Shit."
He opened the window of the room and jumped outside.

I sigh in relief as I hid my gun behind my back and rushed through the back door to avoid the police.

I ran to my car, quickly getting in before speeding off. I phoned my brother Andre as I drove back home.

"Andre. There's no time to explain but a shooting happened in my university. Get out of yours as soon as possible and come back home. There's a possibility that they're there for you too."

"Okay. I'm going to my car now. Meet you back at home."
He replied.

I reached the house as I went inside and searched for my dad.

"Dad!!"
I shouted as mom came to me worried.

"What happened, honey?"
I shook my head as I looked at her. The last thing I want to do now is to make her worry about me.

"Nothing, mom. I just want to talk to dad. Do you know where he is?"

"Yeah... he's at his office."
Mom said as I ran past her upstairs to the office.

"Dad!?"
I panted.

"Audelia? What happened?"
He asked me worried.

"A shooting happened at my university and I think they're coming for me."
I said as dad widened his eyes.

"Is Andre still at his university? They're might be going for him next."

"I've already called him. He's on his way back now. But what should we do now, dad?"

"I'll settle this. Just stay home for a few weeks before returning back to your university. Tell Andre and Luca to do the same thing. I can't put the three of you even in the slightest danger."
Dad said as he walked out of the office.

I went to my bedroom as I took a shower. Today's the first time I've seen a dead body. I was trained to shoot and fight but I've never needed to use them ever in my life.

I sigh as I laid down on my bed, closing my eyes.

Kaleb's pov (dad):

"Find out who's in charge behind that shooting as soon as possible!"
I said to my men as they quickly walked off to find information. I sat on my chair taking a deep breath.

"Who is it?"

"Who would do this? Think Kaleb, think."
I put both of my hands against my head as I sighed.

Audelia's pov:

I woke up and saw my clock. Gosh, it's already 8.00 p.m..

I walked to the living room to find mom and Luca watching TV but couldn't find Andre. What is the troublemaker upto now.

"Mom... where is Andre?"
I questioned.

"He's with dad in his office."
I squinted my eyes suspiciously.

What is Andre doing with dad? What are they planning without me? Curiosity got the best of me as I ran up to the office.

I burst through the door only to be welcomed by dad and Andre holding papers.

"What are you guys doing without me?"
I crossed my arms as Andre face palmed himself.

"Nothing, Audelia. Just go down to mom and Luca."
Dad said.

"I want in , in whatever missions you're going to. Or I'll tell what happened in school to mom. You know she doesn't like it when guns are involved. She would probably freak out an-"

"Enough."
Dad said closing his eyes taking a deep breath.

"We are trying to find out possible suspects for the shooting. And also the possible reasons."

"Well, I think I have your answer. The possible reasons are they want me dead, they want to hurt me or they want to kidnap me."
I said confidently.

"And how do you know that?"
Andre sent me a sarcastic look as I scoffed.

"I heard the man talking to someone whom I suppose is the person who ordered him."

"Did you see him?"
Dad asked getting up from his seat tensed.

"Black suit. Black hair and tan skin. He's about 6 feet 6'1. And... he has a tattoo of the word 'A.D.'. I think that should help you find him."

"That's something good to start with. Once we find that man, we'll be able to find the person behind him and then we can get rid of him."
Andre said.

"Yes. I'll ask my men to find that person. Now you both go down and eat your dinner. It's past dinner time and your mom will get angry. We'll talk about this tomorrow."
Dad said as me and Andre walked out heading towards the dining room where we saw mom and Luca waiting for us to come.

We sat down in our own seats and began eating our dinner.

"Where's your dad?"
Mom asked.

"He's busy with work."
I replied.

"Okay... if something happens, tell me. I don't like to be kept in the dark about our family matters and problems. After all, I'm your mom."
Mom said looking at Andre and me with worried eyes.

Does she know what's going on? But how can she? We never talked about this to anyone else except dad.

Andre and I exchanged glances as we were surprised about how mom knows. Luca looked at us suspiciously as he watched us giving hidden signals.

"Yeah. It's not good to keep me and mom in the dark about these kind of matters. We're part of the family and we deserve to know these things."
Luca said as I sigh.

"Fine... mom don't get mad. A shooting happened earlier at my university. That was why me and Andre came back earlier than usual."

"WHAT... SHOOTING? I expected something different but shooting? Oh your dad is so dead."
Mom said standing up from her seat in anger as she stomped to dad's office.

"Crap."
I silently cursed as Andre looked at me disappointed.

"Dad is gonna get mad at you, Audelia."
Andre spoke blankly.

"I know."
I said.