Chapter 20

A/N: 14K reads?! THANK YOUUUUUU!

A song for this chapter in particular

Saturn - Sleeping at Last

Enjoy ~

~

Never..

There would never be time enough to know everything in this life and the ones to come; and even if the answers are given, we might not understand them all.

That's how life works.

That's how merciless time is.

So many wonders can be seen with the eyes and so little with the heart, there's not wonder why humans like to question the worth of everything including themselves, humans want to find the logic to the smallest things in life that they start to question theirs.

How can you measure the value of something like that? How many mistakes do humans have to make to get to the conclusion their life is worthless?

The answer it's hidden where it all starts.

Society

Like that pink haired boy who is trying so hard to give his future death a value rather than appreciating life itself and the infinity below his feet.

The imperfection of the human existence.

We will all die one day, that's the unavoidable truth.

That Clan knew that very well.

Principal Yaga's office wasn't a place Y/N was at so often; she knew she wasn't in trouble otherwise the man's expression would have been sour when he called for her, but there was an odd feeling, he looked tired but not the physical tiresome a person would have after a workout.

He looked nostalgic, sorrow peeking out his throat when he tried to drag a few words to greet her when she entered his office.

"Y/N, there's someone that wants to talk to you" Mr Yaga said trying to be expressionless but his curved downward lips weren't helping him at all.

As soon as she looked to the right an already known figure walked towards her, getting hit by the light from the office, blonde hair and his glasses covering his eyes.

"Nanami-san?" was all she could say before he bowed at her to greet.

"I apologise for getting you to be here without telling you beforehand, but I think there's something you have to know" Nanami said in his monotone and relaxed voice, removing his glasses "It's related to your clan" as soon as he said those words the room felt somewhat cold.

Y/N's smile was gone.

She was there in complete silence, wondering about what the sorcerer was going to say next. L/N's Clan is a topic that Sorcerers barely know nowadays, it was like they were trying to pretend her family never existed; she didn't hate that, in fact she was okay with that, the reminder of that horrifying massacre wasn't something she liked to talk about to people.

It terrified her.

Nanami watched her, worried; because no matter how powerful and strong she was, she was still a teenager and by that time she was a little girl trying to comprehend that her beloved parents weren't going to come back.

How can you talk to someone who already lost everything they had? How can you explain a kid that their family is gone forever? So young, so innocent, so powerless

How can the world be so harsh to an innocent girl who would be forever marked with those seals on her hands.

Just how..