Basketball lessons

Anna-
I ran out to the court with Y/n and Taylor. Y/n started shooting the ball in the hoop. She made a few and missed a few. I laughed when she missed and she gave me a glare.

"Okay freshman. Your turn. Let's see what you got" she said. I sighed and walked over to her. She put the ball out in front of me and I grabbed it. I held it above my head and just as I was about to shoot the ball Y/n stopped me.

"You're holding it wrong" she said. I looked at her and she laughed.

"Here I'll show you" she ran over to me and stood behind me. I fell slightly into her embrace and she put her hands behind mine.

"This hand goes here and this one goes here" she said moving my hands to the correct spot on the ball.

"Ok" I said. I held the ball where she had positioned it. I looked at her and she nodded. I shot the ball and surprisingly it went in. I celebrated and Y/n threw me over her shoulder.

"Way to go freshman!" She yelled tossing me into the air doing laps around the court. I giggled and she placed me down on the court right back where I was originally standing. She moved her hands and they rested on my waist, my hands on her shoulders. She took a slight glance at my lips then back at my eyes. She smiled.

"Good job. You learn fast. Wanna come to my house later and we can play? 1 on 1?" She asked.

"I would love too but I have a project for science" I said letting out a sigh.

"Is it the elements project? You have to put a bunch of elements in a place and make a diagram of a substance?" She said.

"Yea actually. How'd you know?" I asked suspicious.

"Mr. Tomas assigned it to us last year. I can help. I can help you make the one I made for him" she said.

"Ok that's nice of you" I said laughing. She laughed and nodded.

"Then we can play basketball" she said with a smirk.

"Sure whatever you want Y/l/n" I said. Fuck.

"How did you know my last name freshman? I didn't tell yo- ohhh I know you looked me up didn't you" she said.

"I- um no Taylor said it earlier" I said quickly. Good save Anna. Not. She smirked and nodded. We went on for the rest of the period. I watched her and Taylor try to kill each other over the ball or if one of them was traveling with the ball or not. Me and Y/n made our way to the lockers after gym. She said bye to Taylor and she left.

"Ok freshman my house or yours?" She thought for a second, then talking again before I could answer. "Well we're going to mine for basketball anyway so we could just go there?" She asked leaning against the locker next to mine while gripping the straps of her backpack.

"Yea sure but I'm doing my project first. I wanna be able to play soccer and I need the grades" I said closing my locker facing her.

"So you like soccer huh? Or should I say saccer?" She said giggling a bit. What huh?

"Why'd you say it like that?" I said.

"That's how you say it freshman" she said giggling a bit still. I rolled my eyes and started walking away. She ran after me still laughing. I ran out of school and to her car.

"You act like you can get in by yourself" she said laughing.

"Fine fine. Let's just go get my project done" I said. She helped me into her jeep and made her way to her house. She parked and we got out. She unlocked the front door and we went in being greeted by her mom.

"Mom this is Anna. We're working on a project and then we're gonna play basketball so don't bother us" she said. Her mom tried to respond but Y/n just started dragging me upstairs. I laughed and went along with it.

"Ok freshman let's get started on this project" she said setting down her bag.

We worked on the project for a few hours. We just ended up making a diagram of h20 because it turns out Y/n didn't remember what she made last year. A little while after finishing the project we went outside. She taught me a few techniques to being better at basketball and even showed me how to dribble between my legs. I got the hang of it after a while. Kinda. She laughed at all my attempts. It was funny but I started getting irritated and that's when we took a break. I ended up staying over at Y/n's after speaking to my mom. She slept on the floor and let me have the bed. I was confused because I wouldn't have minded sleeping in the same bed but I'm not sure if she was comfortable doing that yet or maybe she just didn't want to.