Ch. 36

word count: 2,128

Niko POV
Sarada found a breakfast place for us to stop at and we're currently eating.

I have a weird feeling deep down inside. Everything seems normal but at the same time it doesn't. I can feel this... this unspoken tension between Sage and I even though I don't know what could've caused it.

She also never took off my hoodie from last night. I wonder if she remembers me putting her to sleep last night. It would be quite embarrassing if she does remember. I'll talk to her about it once we get a second alone.

We also have to talk about this morning.

After everyone was finished with their food, we went to the lake so that we could meet up with everyone else. When we got there, Sarada walked up to Boruto and kissed him. There was definitely something serious going on between Akari and Sarada.

"Alright, today will be used as a day for you all to train. Most of you don't know how to control your powers yet so you must learn. You will also be put into one of three groups." Boruto announced.

I don't know if this is a bad thing or not but I'm hoping that I'm not in the same group at Sage.

The leaf shinobi told us to sit down on the grass and they will tell us what group we are in. "I'm going to pick randomly. You will either end up in Team S, Team M, or Team B." Boruto said.

He started with Luka and said, "Team S", then he went down the line.

Since I was at the end of the line, I was last to be put into a group. "Team B", he said to me. Sage wasn't in my group. I looked around at my friends and saw what groups they were in.

Team S contained Luka and Kai, Team M contained Sage and Akari, and Team B contained... just me? Interesting. That's fine. Now I won't have any distractions.

Sarada, Luka, and Kai went to a spot that had more of an open field, Mitsuki, Sage, and Akari went to a spot that was closer to the water, and Boruto and I went to a spot that was closer to the trees.

I looked around at the others as they began their training. They all seemed to be working pretty hard. I don't know how anyone expects me to train with speed. It makes no sense.

I already know how to run?

Sarada was currently teaching Kai how to control when his sage mode activates, Mitsuki was teaching Sage how to heal different animals, and Boruto was... thinking about something.

"What is it?" I asked him. He looked up at me and said, "Oh, it's nothing dattebasa." I had a feeling that he was lying but I just shrugged it off.

He then began to tell me that he's going to be teaching me how to make myself go faster and to control when I activate my super speed.

"Sometimes, you may accidentally speed somewhere when you just want to walk. That's what I will be teaching you how to control. First, you will relax your muscles." After Boruto began with that, the training had officially began.

Sage POV
Mitsuki is a really good teacher! He's very reassuring and he helped me learn how to heal animals which, if I'm being honest, was pretty easy.

He told me that the next thing I will be learning how to do is learning how to produce healing chakra from different parts of my body and not just my hands.

Mitsuki is currently teaching Akari how to control when she activated kyuubi mode. At the moment, she can't activate it on command. Only when she's mad.

And so far, she's having a hard time so this might take a while. That's why Mitsuki told me to try and figure out if I can produce chakra from my feet. I still haven't figured it out yet...