9

It had been weeks since Jay and Cole decided to part ways. Yeah, it makes them sound like they were dating, but it becomes more real for the master of earth. Maybe it would helped him to move on.

His obsession had calmed down a bit. It wasn't much of an obsession anymore but a strong crush. That crush would take so long to go away and he knew that. Jay knew that too. But he was determined. He just wanted his best friend back.

It was harder than he thought to avoid Jay. Everywhere he turned, he was there. He still dreamt about him occasionally too. He was used to it though. But he couldn't just be used to it, he needed it to go away. 

If only he could just wish it away.

Nya wouldn't stop glaring at him. Their friendship had escalated to the master of water hating his guts because of his stupid crush on her boyfriend. Although she shouldn't be so upset unless she thought he was a threat, which he obviously wasn't. Jay was invested and committed to his relationship with Nya and if she knew that, she wouldn't be so caught up in the petty drama. Not that there was any drama anymore.

Jay and Cole would have no choice but to talk to each other here and there. Missions were an example. But they didn't speak to each other unless it was completely necessary. The rest of the team and Wu avoided pairing those two up too, which was understandable. It was still hard for Cole to get used to but he was slowly adjusting, as was Jay.

He wanted nothing more than to be able to have a normal conversation with his best friend again - not that they were really 'best friends' right now. He so badly wanted to tell Jay everything that was going on in his life and his head but he had to keep it inside. And by 'inside' I mean, in a diary. He'd bought it a few days after he and Jay stopped talking. Not being able to talk to someone about everything going on in his head was making him struggle so he got some advice from his dad, who suggested he buy a diary of some sort to write it all down. And maybe when things were back to normal, he could share it with the lightning elemental. If he wanted to, of course. Some things were meant to be kept secret though, especially in Cole's mind.

Cole felt as if he'd come quite a long way in the past few weeks but he didn't want to ruin it now by trying to get things back to normal. He knew that they'd only escalate again. 

He removed the pictures of he and Jay from his wall too. Staring at them didn't help him at first. Jay's good looks were a huge contributor to his crush. But no matter what, he still couldn't get him out of his head. It's like he was glued there. 

Cole spent a lot of time alone. Nya hated him, Kai and Lloyd always hung out, Zane was with Pixal and Wu spent the majority of his time meditating. It really made him realise how much time he spent with Jay. Like I said before, Jay was like the family Cole didn't have. He'd practically replace his mother in his life - not that Lilly could ever be replaced, because that was completely impossible - he needed him. Just like how he let a girl come between their friendship all those years ago, he was now letting a crush come between them. It was always a problem with Cole. That says a lot, doesn't it?

Cole was sat on his bed, listening to his favourite song through his earphones. He was busy writing in his black diary, pouring his heart and soul out to it. To be honest, he didn't hate spending time to himself. It was quite relaxing actually. Maybe taking some time to clear his head wasn't so bad after all.

Just as he was getting into the song, there was a loud knock at the door that distracted him. He looked up, closed his diary and stuffed it under his pillow before calling them to come in and taking his earphones out.

The door opened a little, revealing Jay's scruffy hair do coming around the corner. Cole felt a smile appearing on his face. Soon enough, Jay's head peered round fully, revealing a grin on his face.