Prologue

--- Wolf's pov ---

Maple leaves covered the forest floor, creating the illusion of a crumbling red sea under my large paws as I stalked through the dark forest. My mouth watered as I smelled my surroundings, hoping to catch scent of prey. My ears flattened against my head as a strong, mouth-watering scent filled the air. As if becoming invisible, I melted into near by shadows, waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike. At long last it came and I leapt out at the unsuspecting creature, sinking my teeth into it's neck while my claws dug at it's back and shoulders. In mere seconds it was dead.

When I regained conciseness, I was back In my human form. Well, as human as I was going to get. My reddish-brown hair was covered in mud and plant debris from spending my entire life in this forest, and my blue eyes glowed in the presence of the moon. My clothing was torn in many places and I was covered in so much dirt, my skin looked brown. The only real abnormal thing about my appearance was my wolf ears and tail.

There was the bitter, yet oddly sweet, taste of blood in my mouth and when I looked down, I saw that my hands were covered in it. My body trembled in terror, knowing that I had done it again. I had killed another person. Laying in front of me was a man surrounded by blood. His clothing was torn to shreds, cuts covered his arms, legs, back, and chest, he also had a deep bite mark on his neck.

I fell to my knees, my hands gripping the grass in front of me as tears ran down my cheeks. 'W-why does this keep happening? I-I don't want this...!' This is my nineteenth kill this month alone, not even mentioning the countless I was unaware of.

Even when I try my best to control it, no one can escape the wolf, and there has never been a survivor...