xx24xx

"You look even more beautiful than on the photos.", the blue eyed man said and Addison only had to look into his eyes to know who he was. Right in front of her stood her father.

"What are you doing here?". Addison asked shocked.

"Oh i just wanted to meet my daughter.", the Irish man told her.

"Will you take me with you?", Addison asked scared but she tried not to let her father see.

"No, of course not.", Doyle answered.

"He'll be back soon.", Addison said and looked into Jordan's direction, you could see that he was still looking through the trees with his flashlight.

"I know.", the man replied.

"So why are you here?", Addison asked curious.

"Like i told you i just wanted to meet my daughter."

"You really risk to get caught just because you wanted to meet me?"

"Oh don't you think i have some people who will prevent that?"

"Probably."

"Yeah but you are right this boy is coming back so i have to leave. Normally i would tell you to say hello to your mom from me but in this case just don't tell her about this.", Doyle said and winked. Addison turned around to see if Jordan was near and when she turned back around her father was gone. She was shocked that he just showed up here and she asked herself how the officers didn't spot him and how he could be gone within a few seconds.
Jordan tore her our of her thoughts when he jumped on her from behind. "Oh my god.", Addison called out.

"Did i scare you?", the boy grinned while rolling down from her.

"Not even a little bit.", Addison tried to play it off.

"Of course not, thats why you screamed right?", Jordan laughed.

"Yeah I only screamed to scare you.", the girl replied acting offended.

"Yeah obviously.", Jordan couldn't keep his laughter in "It's already 9:30pm we should get going so you won't be late at home.", he suggested.

"You're right.", Addison said and got up. After picking everything up they went to the car and Jordan drove Addison home, she was still kinda shocked that her dad just showed up. She wasn't sure if she should tell Emily about it or keep it a secret. Soon they arrived in front of Hotchs house Addison said goodbye to the older boy. When she opened the door, Emily was already waiting for her.

"Oh good there you are.", she greeted her smiling.

"I am not late right? I thought I was even almost 10 minutes early.", Addison said panicking.

"Yeah you are early but I was still worried.", Emily told her laughing.

"Oh okay.", Addison replied and smiled a little while putting the spare key away Aaron gave her.

"Emily is it okay if I just go to bed now? It was kind of a long day and I'm really exhausted.", the girl asked shy.

"Of course sweetheart. You don't have to stay up with me, go to bed if you're tired.", her mother laughed.

"Okay good night then.", Addison said while walking past her.

"Good night, sleep well Addie.", Emily replied.

"You too.", her daughter said and went upstairs. When Addison arrived in the guest room she changed into comfortable clothing and checked her phone.

"I had a nice evening, hope you too ;)" Addison read the message Jordan had send her. She replied too the message before putting her phone on her charger. Then she pulled her blanket over her and soon fell asleep.

Meanwhile her mother sat downstairs in front of her laptop skyping with her team. After the 'meeting' ended she got up and made herself a cup of tea. She took it with her upstairs into the bedroom. It was still kinda weird being in Aaron's home like that but at the same time it was kinda nice, Emily could get used to that. She laid down in bed after placing her cup on the nightstand and turned on the TV. She watched two episodes of her favorite tv show before she finally fell asleep.

Sadly her sleep didn't last long. She woke up in the middle of the night, a short look on the watch told her it was almost two in the morning. Soon she realized why she woke up, she heard someone screaming. That someone was her daughter. Emily jumped out of bed and rushed down the hallway to the room her daughter was staying in. On her way she thought of every possible thing she could find in this room. But when she opened the door and looked around the room she saw no one, except for her daughter.
Addison was just sitting up in her bed when Emily opened the door and walked over to her. She got down and knelt next to her bed. Emily wrapped her arms around her daughter and tried to calm her down.

"Shhh what happened?", Emily whispered still having her arms wrapped around the girl.

"Nothing, it's fine.", Addison replied with a cracked voice and got herself out of the hug.

"Addison you not only woke up screaming you are also still crying.", Emily said to her calm while looking into her daughters eyes.

"Really it's fine Emily, it was just a bad dream.", Addison told her while wiping away her tears.

"It's okay to cry. And it's also okay to have nightmares. It's not only okay it's most likely normal after everything that happened to you.", Emily reassured her daughter and stroked her hair lightly.
Addison said nothing so Emily added: "But it's important to talk about it and I promise you I am not going to judge and if you don't want to talk about it with me you should talk to someone else."

"Emily it's fine, I am fine. It was just a nightmare. That happens.", the girl replied and looked away.

"Okay fine.", Emily sighed. After a moment of silence the woman added softly: "Come with me, I'll make you a cup of tea. That always helps me with bad dreams."

For a moment Emily was scared that Addison would decline her offer and stay in bed but the girl nodded and got up. Emily got up from the floor and walked in front of her daughter. Just go to the kitchen and start the kettle, I'll be there in a minute. Her daughter nodded briefly and went to the kitchen while Emily got some blankets from the bedroom and brought them to the living room. She turned on the TV and put on 'Clueless', she thought maybe it would make Addison feel a bit more comfortable after she knew that Chloe always watched that with her.
Then she went to the kitchen where the water was almost done boiling. Addison sat on a kitchen chair and had put her head down on the kitchen table. Emily stroked her hair while walking past her and got out a mug and camomile tea. She poured the hot water into the mug and told her daughter to follow her into the living room. Emily put down the mug on the table in front of the sofa and indicated her daughter to sit down. Addison took a sip of the tea, it was quiet hot but Emily had filled about a quarter of the cup with cold water so it would cool down faster. After that she curled up in the corner of the sofa looked at the TV. "You remembered?", she asked when she saw the movie.

"Of course." Emily smiled while laying down next to her daughter.

"Thank you.", the girl mumbled before slowly closing her eyes and rolling over so now she was facing her mother.

"If you ever need anything don't hesitate to ask me. I will do everything to make sure that you are okay.", Emily replied and placed a light kiss on her daughters head. Addison just smiled a little with her eyes closed and in this moment Emily finally felt like she accepted her. She could never replace what Chloe and Killian were for her but she could at least make sure that Addison had everything she needed and felt safe.
While Addison was asleep soon after the movie started Emily watched it until it ended. After that she turned the normal TV program on to have a faint background noise while trying to fall asleep. By now Addison had her arm wrapped around her mother so Emily didn't want to move that much. She manged to grab her phone from the coffee table and sent Hotch a quick message before closing her eyes. It took her quit a while before she finally fell asleep because she couldn't stop thinking about her daughter having nightmares. Emily knew they had to do something about that soon or it would most likely be too late to process everything. Addison did not only loose her parents. She had to move in with the woman she thought didn't want her and she had to learn that her father was a murderer and actually murdered her parents. She opened her eyes one last time to turn the little lamp next to the sofa off and then finally fell asleep.