24

Alicia's POV

Well, Zara and I got yelled at for a solid 45 minutes. First, my dad came home to give us a strongly worded lecture. Next, my mom came home and was ballistic. And then, my grandmother arrived to tell us how disappointed and embarrassed she was.

Zara and I glanced at each other in annoyance. My grandmother was riling up my mother even more. Those two honestly had no life. I looked at my dad to see him bored out of his mind. He rolled his eyes at me while I smirked.

"Zara must be punished. She'll be placed under house arrest and only able to leave for school. No electronics unless it has to do with school work." My grandmother stated.

"What?! Why am I the only one being punished?!" Zara raised her voice.

"Because Alicia and Gemma will be attending the therapy session." My grandmother smugly stated.

"No!" We turned to see my mother interrupt.

"Excuse me?" My grandmother narrowed her eyes at her daughter. "What did you just say to me?"

"I said 'no.' Have you done research on those 'therapy camps?' They are mental abuse factories. I'm not subjecting my daughter to that kind of treatment." She narrowed her eyes in defiance. "And you had the nerve to strike my daughter." She began shaking in anger.

"You accept your child's sickened ways!" My grandmother yelled.

"Get over it!"

My mother and grandmother began arguing. My mother stated her only problem with me was that I was dating someone outside our pedigree. I was honestly surprised by my mother. This was the first time she has ever defied her mother and it was to protect me. I felt a tear fall down my cheek, knowing how much my mother... or mom truly loves me.

"Enough!" My father's voice boomed. They immediately stopped to look at him. "I think you've overstayed your welcome." He called for a driver to take my grandmother to the airport.

In a huff, she left. My mother made a show of slamming the door in her face. Zara and I showed our grandmother the finger through the window. The hag gasped in disbelief. Z and I momentarily settled a truce so that we could vex our grandmother. But, the fun didn't last.

"Oh, Ali." I turned to my father. "You will be going to therapy." He stated.

"What?! Why?" My eyes widened.

"Ya, didn't you just see mom defend her?" Tamsin inquired.

"Consider it your punishment for the stunt you and Zara did." He smirked while I rolled my eyes and groaned. "Pack up." He began chuckling.

X

My father had the nerve to take us to West Virginia. I groaned in the car as we passed farm land. My father was clearly enjoying my annoyance. Gemma, on the other hand, was excited. She was going to write a paper on the detriments of conversion therapy for her debate class.

I told Nic that I'd be going to conversion therapy. She was terrified, as one would expect. I told her that my father was punishing me for the interview. She understood that I should be punished, but thought his measures were a little extreme. I assured her I'd be fine and had Gemma accompanying me. She was still worried, but I somewhat settled her apprehension.

"Why the long face? You're going on a three day retreat." My father failed to hide a smile.

"I can't believe you're subjecting me to emotional and psychological abuse for your entertainment." I crossed my arms as I huffed.

"Please, I'm worried about the psychological trauma you'll be putting those GED people through. It's a fraudulent therapy, so you should enjoy yourself." I rolled my eyes. "Plus, the longer you stay, the more community service Zara has to do. Her punishment of picking up trash and cleaning graffiti depends on the duration of your stay." He laughed.

"So you willingly allow your daughter to enter into a low income area for fun?" I smirked. "Also, isn't that for delinquents?"

"Please, she has like 10 bodyguards accompany her every time and both of your behaviors on tv were delinquent. Also, I'm looking to launch several campaigns and fund organizations to shut down every conversion center in America, but I need to understand what they put innocent kids through."

"And I'm the guinea pig." I rolled my eyes.

"I'd more say the undercover agent, but whatever floats your boat." He then pulled out some tequila. "Want a shot before you guys go?" We pulled up to the ranch.

"Don't you have a meeting, daddy?" Gemma took a glass.

"Yes and I need to be a bit tipsy to get through that flight with him. He'll chat my ear off and won't realize when I doze off." He clinked our glasses together.

"I think I'll agree to everything if you make Zara wear an orange jumpsuit." I took the shot.

"I'll make sure to send you a picture." He poured another glass. The car stopped and our chauffeur opened the door. "Have fun at therapy, girls."

"Please, the moment they show a picture of a shirtless guy, Gemma will miraculously be cured." Gemma enthusiastically nodded at my sly remark.

"I thought you were bi?" Gemma cocked her head to the side.

"I am, but prefer women."

"Nice choice." My father chuckled..

We then clinked our glasses together and took a final shot. I grabbed Gemma's hand and we walked inside the building.

I've always found Mr. McAllister to behave like a big kid. He enjoys embarrassing and annoying his daughters. Only he would find it humorous to send his daughters to conversion therapy for fun.

I think its nice to see a serious businessman have fun with his daughters and have a playful personality.