The Hanged Man Reversed

Mantle military. Those fuckers cost me everything. I served at the front for their faunus war, same one that caught my arm with a stray grenade. Irreparable damage, needed replaced. When me and a few buddies figured that we had had enough we left, Mantle took our freedom to speak out against their atrocities by labeling us as deserters and brainwashing the public to believe people like us would kill their kids and burn down their houses.

Had a girl. Most beautiful girl you'd ever see. Mantle had her kidnapped, and when I found her, executed.

So I became what they thought of me. I got my name out there, started a band, SAMURAI, made it known I was a deserter, that I had seen Mantle kill just to keep atrocities hidden, but it wasn't enough.

I began organizing attacks, local shipments of supplies and armaments here, a patrol there, and then they started to listen. The people heard our message, did what needed to be done, and I was hooked up with an operative. A very ambitious operative. Sophia 'Ghost' Ironwood, she gave me locations of big stuff like the new bullheads that Mantle had developed, and androids that would have replaced the common soldier.

And that leads me to the gig that ended it all.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Pov: None

A man is seen walking down a hallway, one arm replaced with one made of silver, a gun made of a similar metal in his hand. At the end of the hall another man tries to stop him, however the first presses him into a wall, directly next to a mirror, the mirror reflecting a face with a scowl, surrounded by brown stubble, eyes hidden behind a pair of silver aviators, brown hair pulled back behind his ears.

With a frown the first man pushes off the second and continues through the door, a big ox faunus with slim sunglasses standing guard next to a stage.

Huscle: "Of course you're high."

The man walks past him and onto the stage, a crowd gathered in front and a band on it, each wearing clothing with a half mechanical face, SAMURAI written beneath it. He brings his guitar to his front.

(Y/N): "Tonight i'm- I'm here to say goodbye to all of you."

------------------------------------------------------------------

The man stands up cigarette in hand and makes towards the back door another member of his band, a faunus with fox ears, coming to stop him.

Kerry: "Don't do this. You can still change your mind."

(Y/N): "Wanna see me give up? Sounds like something you'd do. Know why? Cause you've always been a fucking pussy, Kerry."

(Y/N): "Offer you one piece of advice, for old times sake - Stop being one. Time to bring on the future."

The man known now as Kerry looks away offended and slightly forlorn as his friend leaves. Stepping through the door the mystery man is confronted by a woman with small scales on her cheeks and the backs of her hands standing next to a bullhead.

Rogue: "You're late."

(Y/N): "My op, I decide who's late and who's not."

Rogue: "Get in. 'Fore I change my mind."

Shaiton: "Silverhand."

(Y/N): "Hey, Shaiton."

Rogue: "Get us in the air. Here put this on, and it STAYS on, got it?"

This man, now known as Silverhand, puts on a pair of headphones and takes one last drag from his cigarette before throwing it away. Down below two people, Kerry and an unknown human, look up at the bullhead as it leaves.