𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟑𝟔 | "𝐀𝐧𝐲 𝐨𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬?"

ADRIENA'S P.O.V:

We reach the doctor's office in silence. But the silence was comfortable enough. Thank Goodness, there weren't any paparazzis.

I enter the clinic and find myself surrounded with pictures of babies. I try to comfort myself and find Shawn's hand and grip it tightly. He wraps his arm around my waist.

The doctor enters the clinic and is a little surprised to find me and Shawn sitting together.

She stammers.
Suddenly Shawn says, "Hello Doc, please think of us as a normal couple and not a celebrity couple. And like everyone else I would like you to keep this meeting strictly confidential."

He was prepared. Unlike me. The doctor instructed me and I changed into comfortable clothes and she applies some gel on my belly.

Shawn sits right by my side and holds me hand.

"So according to your file, you are getting nauseous, having unnecessary stomach aches and when you took a pregnancy test, found a faint line along with a straight line. Is that correct? Ms Anderson?"

"Yes." I reply with hesitation.

"Let's get this started."

SHAWN'S P.O.V:

She takes an instrument and starts rubbing on Ad's belly. There was a screen which lit up with a black and white picture of a small substance. It was not exactly like a substance more exactly like a tiny ball made of human flesh.

"And that's your child."

Ads grips on my hand tightly and stare at the screen too intently. Maybe all our opinions were wrong and this child was still alive.

I couldn't have been more wrong.

"Why can't we hear the heartbeat?" Adriena suddenly questions breaking me from my trance.

The doctor gets nervous all of a sudden and gives a little cough.

She clears her voice and says, "I am sorry to inform you both but this child is not alive. The child is already dead and there's no way to do anything."

I felt myself choke upon the words. I couldn't breathe.

Amidst all this, Adriena says, "How to get an abortion?"

The doc says in the same ton with a hint of sadness, "I am sorry but there's no way to get an abortion now. It's already past two months and three weeks. If we try to get the baby out now, it might be a little risky for your safety".

" No!" I suddenly shout at the top of my voice. "I can't put you at risk."

Adriena just gave me a small little smile that didn't match with her not-so-twinkling eyes anymore.

She asks one final question, "Any idea how this might have happened?"

The doctor was ready with her answer, " Wearing of tight clothes during pregnancy or bending too much ir doing risky activities might have caused this unfortunate incident."

I couldn't bear to look at Adriena'e eyes right now. I say, "Thank you. We should get going."

Adriena gets changed and we board the car and speed off to my house.

After dropping Adriena off, I go towards the stadium that I was scheduled to perform.

I enter the stadium and sit among the audience.

I call my mom and I just let my tears spill.

Knowing that some people knew I was in here, I just let all my feeling out to mom and cry without thinking about anything else.