you're invited ♫

I Heard...

That you've settled down. That you've found a girl. And you're getting married now.

"Red-kun! I love you!" Five year old (Name) smiled, hugging her friend.

"I love you too, (Name)-chan!" Red answered, hugging (Name) back. 

Things were so simple back then. So simple. Life just gets more complicated as it goes on. The nineteen-year old woman had tears cascading down her cheeks as she stared at the picture she held in her delicate hands.

It was a younger version of herself accompanied by a boy with raven hair and red eyes.

Red-kun... I love you, always have, always will...

But you don't love me anymore.

*FLASHBACK*

"Excuse me, are you (Name) (Last Name)?" An annoying, high-pitched squeaky voice sounded on the other side of the line.

"Yes, yes i am," (Name) answered. "May I know who's calling?"

"Hi, my name is (Name of worst enemy)," the girl said. "And my fiance would like to invite you to our wedding."

"Umm... who's your fiance? Do I know him? Why does he want me at his wedding?" (Name) asked.

"Well, my fiance's name is Red Fire and he wanted his childhood friend at his wedding, and that's why he wants to invite you." (Name) gasped inaudibly. RED?! He disappeared from my life! And he comes back by telling me that he's inviting me to his wedding?! Why doesn't he understand that I love him? Does he really not care about me? He's been gone so many years, I don't think he really cares anymore...

(Name) slammed down the receiver without a second thought. No. If he wants to get married, he doesn't need me.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

It's okay, (Name)... Red is happy, so you should be happy too... remember that the thing you value most is his happiness, and if he's happy, then nothing else matters.

Also, maybe you weren't the right girl for him. Just because you guys have known each other for forever doesn't mean that you two belonged together. Maybe if was destiny that you two weren't meant to be, and he was meant to be with (Name of worst enemy).

(Name)'s face was stained with tear streaks as she thought about everything. Everything that had broken her. Everything that she wished had not happened. I love him. I wish there was someone out there for me... someone who isn't Red, because he obviously wasn't destined to be with me.

I wish... I just wish...

But I thought he was the one.

But he isn't the one.

"Because you're getting married now, Red, to someone other than me," (Name) said aloud. "As much as I wish it was me, I know that maybe we just weren't meant to be together. I know that somewhere out there, you and your new fiancee are really excited to get married. I'm really happy for you guys. I hope you both are going to enjoy your new marriage. I miss you a lot, Red, but I understand. I really do. I just wish there was someone out there who was meant to be with me too..".

I just wish I was the one for YOU...

~~~

Sad, I know... I'm sorry if this gave you the feels... oh well, I hope you enjoyed, leave a comment or a heart maybe, and I will update soon! This is a VERY short series, don't expect it to exceed six chapters!

-Leafy