Chapter 30

August 17, 2020

Exactly 24 hours have passed and the babies just kept on getting sicker. At this point, they were extremely clingy towards Agnetha, who was feeling sick herself and there was no doubt that Björn was starting to feel sick. In fact, everyone was starting to feel sick and multiple appointments were being made to get tested for COVID. Luckily, most of the people in the summer home were asymptomatic due to their age and health but still, it was a good idea for everyone else to get tested. After all, Marcus had already tested positive after having gotten his test results back as did Michael, Dylan, and Lana.

Lana, who was asymptomatic, had been holding the babies at one point just a few days ago as she was still in awe of Kaylee and Danielle and Agnetha let her hold them for a little bit while she and Björn were off doing a romantic moment. Agnetha and Björn waited anxiously until the phone call came at last with the babies' test results. By then, both babies had completely recovered from the anesthetic that they had been given while being tested but were feeling worse in regards to their illness. Just then, the phone rang at last.

*RING RING*

"Björn!" Agnetha exclaimed as she noticed Björn's cellphone ringing at last and he began picking up the phone to answer.

"We've been sitting by the phone. We've been waiting all alone," Björn playfully sang as he did a little parody of Ring Ring while answering the long awaited phone call. There was no doubt that Agnetha was feeling unimpressed by Björn's little joke as he answered.

"Björn, that wasn't funny!" Agnetha exclaimed quietly as Björn answered the phone.

"Hello?" Björn asked as he answered the phone and put his finger on his lip and directed it towards Agnetha as a gesture for her to be quiet as he's on the phone.

"Put it on speaker," Agnetha whispered.

"I'm sorry," Björn replied as he obliged and put the phone on speaker so Agnetha can hear as well. "Can you please repeat that? I have my wife here on the other line."

"Ok perfect," the pediatric nurse replied. "I was saying that I have the test results for your two little babies."

"And?" Björn asked.

"Well, what is it?!" Agnetha exclaimed impatiently.

"Well I hate to break it to you guys but," the pediatric nurse hesitated.

"BUT WHAT?!" Agnetha exclaimed, sounding both irritated and impatient at once. "JUST FUCKING TELL US ALREADY!"

"Woah baby calm down," Björn replied calmly and reassuringly as he turned to Agnetha while sounding a bit taken aback by what she had just said. "She's just about to tell us. Relax."

The pediatric nurse, on the other hand, seemed totally unfazed and completely unaffected by Agnetha's attitude. She had dealt with impatient people before so this wasn't a surprise to her at all.

"But your babies have both tested positive for COVID," the pediatric nurse replied.

"They didn't," Agnetha breathed.

"They did," the pediatric nurse replied. "Because they are only babies and they seem really sick, I think it's best that you bring them into the hospital right away because the faster they are treated, the faster they are better."

"Ok thank you so much," Björn replied, sounding equally numb.

Agnetha and Björn hung up the phone at last and they were in complete shock. Kaylee and Danielle had both tested positive for COVID. It just didn't feel real and now that the babies had tested positive for COVID alongside Marcus, Dylan, Michael, and Lana, it was time for everyone else to get tested. At this point, it was becoming more and more clear that there's an outbreak taking place within the summer home and it was something totally unexpected. There was no doubt that this outbreak would affect the rest of their vacation.