5

Few Days Later

Aiko was staring at Lisa's autopsy pictures for the 100th time. After it was confirmed that Lisa passed away to the public, her body was taken back to Thailand after receiving the traditional Korean funeral while her parents came to claim the body. They attended the funeral to pay their respects. Now, it is back to work. Hoseok was with her, staring at the pictures as well. "I don't see anything different. There's gotta be something that we're missing." Hoseok pointed out, staring at the same gashes that were found on her upper body. Aiko sighs and throws the picture down on her desk. "Let's just take a break. My head is pounding." she said, rubbing her forehead.

Hoseok stares at his former lover and pulls out a white envelope. It seemed like it was made for a royal wedding. "Here, Miyeon wanted you to have this." Hoseok said as he handed her the envelope. Aiko opened the envelope and it was an invitation.

To: Aiko

We cordially invite you to Jung Hoseok and Kim Miyeon's wedding ceremony. The ceremony will be held on November 3rd, 2021 at 2:00 p.m.. Location will be at Lotte Hotel Wedding Venue.

RSVP as soon as possible.

Aiko looked at Hoseok as he smiled shyly. "I want you to come. Even though we're not together. I know we ended things kind of bad but, that hasn't stopped us from forming a friendship once more. So, please come." Hoseok said, as Aiko puts the invitation down. "I'll see. November is a difficult month for me." she replied, sighing sadly. Hoseok sighs, knowing what she meant. "His death anniversary, right?" Hoseok whispered. She nodded and pulled out the folder that was under piles of others. She opens it and smiles bitterly as she sees the picture of her father on top of his information. She starts reading the information

Name: Min Ji-Hoon

Age: 24

DOB: 04/10/1976

DOD: 11/10/2000

Leaves behind a wife, Sato Aika, and a 3 month old daughter, Sato Aiko. Mr. Min was walking home after an evening with his coworkers. Based on the coworkers' statements, we concluded that Mr. Min was a bit drunk after leaving the event. He was reported missing the next day by his wife. After 4 days of searching, we found his body near the Seoul Olympic Stadium. He was littered with bruises, deep gashes on the neck, legs, and stomach. He also had lacerations on the side of the head as well as ankles. His skull was nearly crushed by either stomping or with a weapon, most likely a hammer. Case is still unsolved.

Aiko puts the file down and sighs. Based on pictures from her mother's album as well as stories from her family, her father always wanted to be a father. Especially a father of a little girl. So, when Aiko was born, her father was ecstatic.

Apparently he never even took off the hospital bracelet until his mother ordered a bracelet with Aiko's name and her birthday engraved on it. Hoseok looks at Aiko and gets up. "You better go home and rest. You've been at it for days now. Take a break." Hoseok said as he walked away. Aiko looks up and sighs, staring at the clock. It read 7:00 p.m. so she decided to start packing up. Once packing up and looking around, she heads home.

As she parked her car in the driveway and got out, she walked towards her door. That's when she heard a whine. She looked around and immediately grabbed her gun. "Who is there?" she asked. The bushes started to move and she immediately pointed her gun at it. She immediately lowers her gun as she sees the wolf from last time walking towards her. She looks at him and stares at his state. He sits down and stares at her, his tail next to his paw. She later looks at her porch. It had little dots of blood and that's when she noticed his front right paw. It was covered in blood and she saw a piece of glass sticking out. "You poor thing. Come on." she said as she neared the wolf. He slowly walked towards her. She slowly picks him up and takes him inside. She lays him down on the couch and immediately calls Jin.