Invisible String

I used to think that If I was ever going to meet my soulmate it would be at Centennial Park. Something about the way the sun hits my bare legs in the summer makes it feel like a place full of possibility. And although I always genuinely did think I would meet my soulmate there, in the back of my mind I was definitely skeptical. So you could imagine my surprise when I met him there.

He was at the yogurt shop. Wearing a teal button-down with his hair slightly disheveled in that "I've been out all day having a great time" kind of way. He was with a couple of friends, both good-looking but not nearly as captivating as him. And I knew i was staring so I looked away thinking "oh well it can't be him we haven't met I've only observed him" So you can imagine my intense shock when he said to me "Is that book any good ?" I turned to him not entirely sure if he was talking to me or if I imagined it. But he pointed at the book in my hand and said " I've been thinking about starting that, is it good?" And even in my cupid-struck haze, i know how to talk books. So i tried my best to form a coherent, intellectual, and also a somewhat interesting thought.

And I said, "Yeah, I guess its good if you like a good old-fashioned romance" And in hindsight, this was an awful thing to say, as I was barely halfway through this particular novel and actually do not know how it ends. But so far it had been romantic so i guess I had to lead with that. He smiled at me and we walked out of the little shop together. He said, "really ? You don't look like an avid lover of romance." By this time, the fog in my head had cleared and I knew I had to make a good impression on this beautiful book-loving boy. 

So I raised my eyebrow and said, "Well, you don't exactly know me do you?" And in his wonderful charming way that i could never grow tired of, he laughed and said, " I don't. huh, well my name Timothy. Uh, Timothy Bancroft, you can call me Tim." It was then I realized that although my brain had become a puddle of slime, he was in fact almost as flustered as I was. And so I laughed a little and said with a smile "Haley. Haley Brook. Nice to meet you. "

In the past four years, I have learned all the beautiful things there are to know about the elusive Tim Bancroft. I know he likes his tea semi-sweet. I know he loves the Iron Man movies almost too much. I know he is who I want to be with all the time. And to think I met him where I always thought I would. It's as if we were connected by something. Something inexplicable and strong. Something only we can see and feel and it's only for us.  An invisible string if you will. 

AN: grammar is definitely messed up because I genuinely don't care enough to do it right and i also doubt anyone's going to read this. But if you are reading this, thank you! I hope you enjoyed it <3

-M