Chapter 2 - Sophie

Sophie was out on the Havenfield pastures cuddling Wynn and Luna as she got a buzz on her imparter. She was underneath the panakes tree as Keefe called. Keefe didn't normally call... he normally came to Havenfield un-announced (which would annoy Grady sooooo much) or talked to Sophie when she reached out telepathically. Normally she had to reach out for keefe, which could get annoying but... she liked talking to him. He listened.

But putting that aside, she had to answer this. Keefe could be in danger. Lady Gisella could have come and left a note or Keefe is about to do something stupid and is asking for Sophie not to hate him or...

Yeah, no. She was just being paranoid. Nothing wrong could be happening. These were peaceful times (kind of), the neverseen were defeated and Sophie could finally live an almost normal life. She shouldn't be worrying. So, she answered her imparter trying her best to stay natural as the all too familiar face popped up on her screen.

"Hey Foster!" Keefe said. With his normal wide smile and his ice blue eyes with his wild hair. Everything looked normal so nothing to worry - hopefully. "Ok woah, I can feel your panic all the way from here... everything alright? Or is it because I actually called you on an imparter?" Keefe's signature smirk back on his face... what was it, only 15 seconds until he smirked? What was that, a new record?

"Heeeeey, ya everything is ok here. You just never really call on an imparter... so I was kinda worrying" Sophie said fidgeting with the hem of her tunic.

"oh , I see. You missed my face didn't you? Well no need to worry... Foster-Keefe is coming back with a SLUMBER PARTY! With Fitz, Biana and Dex too though. And in two hours so we can get ready".

"You mean with Keefe, Ro, Sophie, Sandor, Fitz, Grizel, Biana, Woltzer, Dex and Lovice". Sander called over her shoulder, earning himself an eye roll from Keefe and Sophie. 

"A slumber party? That sounds fun..." Sophie was in her thoughts about how this could go wrong, and she was surprised by how her imagination spiraled. People might think that she is just being really paranoid or worried, but with Keefe... literally anything could happen.

"Ok, what are you thinking Foster... I see the worry brow climbing up. You know, you look so cute with it!"

Ignoring the last sentence Keefe said, "But how are we going to do it with your dad there?"

"See, that is where my ingeniousness comes in, Daddy dearest is out for a couple days because I put a claustrophobic bacteria in his lushberry wine!"

A smile started creeping up on Sophie's lips after hearing this. Lord Cassius was never the best parent and Keefe deserved more than what his parents were giving him. And Lord Cassius deserved all the disgust from everyone, for how he treated Keefe. He always had such high expectations for his son... even though Keefe was one of the smartest kids in school and skipped level one in Foxfire, Cassius still thinks that that is not enough. Can't he just see how amazing his son is for once?! It just makes Sophie so angry when she thinks about Cassius!

   -----------------------★-★-★------------------------

After Sophie switched off, she dashed inside to get her stuff for the sleepover. She tried her best to avoid Grady, knowing he would be giving her a big lecture on boys again. But she had to tell someone that she was going to Shore of Solace. So telling Edaline was the best way to go.

She slowly crept up into her humongous bedroom. Where Iggy welcomed her with an infamous stinky burp. Sitting next to Iggy's cage was Edaline... with a bunch of clothes in her backpack ready to go! How would Edaline know that Sophie was going to Keefe's today? Was she eavesdropping on their conversation!?

"Moooom, were you eavesdropping, again? How many times must I tell you, we are just friends!" Sophie said as she walked across her flower woven carpet.

"It's my job Sophie, as your mother to make sure you are all right... and I was in the gorgodon enclosure and heard your guys's conversation. I won't give the talk but... I thought I would give you a headstart on packing! See, I know how you like to keep your clothes simple. So I brought some plain tunics and a sleeping bag. I also brought some food for Iggy... I brought your imparter, some elixirs, butter blasts, Prattles, oh and I brought some of your weapons... got to be ready!" Edaline started opening Sophie's purple backpack showing her all the things she brought-

"Is that a gulon?"

Edaline looked sheepish when she said, "I know how Keefe loves gulons, and just in case they prank you or make you do a truth or dare... so I thought that maybe you might want to let one loose at Shores of Solace. And don't worry! He won't be stinky unless you press his belly."

Edaline always knew what to pack when it came to this...