Chapter 15

The hour passed quickly for Lyra. Sharnid and Layfon had gone to help with preparing the bikes. Lyra just sat there quietly. She was doing some breathing exercises to channel the internal kei throughout her body to heal any small wounds that she had received while fighting the infectant earlier. She was ordered to by Nina. Lyra figured she may as well since they didn't know what would happen next. It was better to be in the best shape possible.

However, with the hour now up. The group went over the plan one more time and then they were all off. Lyra and Nina snuck close to the edge of the city, as they traveled. It was now dawn. The sun was starting to rise. Watching the area suddenly begin to lighten made Lyra feel weird. It had been dark the entire time and there had been a cold eerie feeling, but this light gave her hope in a way. She wished that there could have been a way to save the city rather than destroying it. Perhaps the Haikizukou could take over and lead this city again, but Lyra knew that wasn't possible. It would depend on the Haikizukou and also the strength of those in the city, which there weren't any. There were only those that were infected and for that reason there was nothing they could do for the group.

"That looks like the building," Nina spoke softly, pointing ahead. Lyra nodded her head and then followed her captain into the building. At first, nothing seemed wrong. The building itself was in decent shape. Lyra and Nina continued down towards the mine. As they got deeper, it was then things started to get more difficult. The biggest was that they weren't sure about the layout of the building and so they were going by instinct.

Lyra was about to enter into the room, but as she stepped in, she suddenly tensed and instantly moved back in, quickly shutting the door. In front of her, Nina stood there, slightly confused.

"It's the infectant," Lyra explained and moved to the side to allow Nina to see. Slowly her captain opened the door a bit and her eyes widened seeing the number of them just standing there. Lyra peaked through as well. It seemed they were all just resting. A few Lyra noticed to be injured. Whether that was due to those attacking them or just from fighting one another, Lyra wasn't sure. She then noticed Nina suddenly move back. The door then began to shut, but Lyra stopped it, making sure that it shut slowly.

"Captain?" she asked concerned, as she turned to face her captain.

Nina shook her head, "it just feels strange... I mean these are people that are suffering with this infection..."

Lyra couldn't help but raise her brow at that. She was thinking of something like this at this time? She lowered her dite and then turned around to face her captain, her face holding a dark look which Nina had not seen before.

"Captain you really can't be sentimental in this situation," Lyra started, "right now, Zuellini is on its way here and these Infectants are thinking of food. If you sit here trying to think about the possibility of them being cured, then you're wasting the little time we have left."

Nina was a bit taken aback at how Lyra wasn't even considering what these people were. Here, she was thinking Lyra would understand the fact that these people were still human on the inside, but Lyra didn't seem to care. Instead, Nina just nodded her head, "well, obviously you and Layfon would know more about this. We should find a way around so we don't disturb them." Nina then turned around and slowly headed out of the room. Lyra quietly followed behind her. Lyra nodded her head.

"Can you help with that, Felli?" she asked, looking to the pink petal that was quietly floating next to them.

"One moment," Felli's voice echoed. She was then gone for a bit. Both Nina and Lyra sat quietly. While they were away from where the infectants were sleeping, neither of them dared to speak. That, and Lyra felt Nina was still a little moody about everything going on.