INTRODUCTION.

Their gazes locked, and together they saw the squandered mirages slain beneath their feet, cemeteries of lonesome dreamers who gave up their wings under the name of love, salt-soaked kisses half-forgotten and twice-remembered.

Grace Curley / THE LIGHT THAT BINDS US.

     FLORENCE LEUNG DOESN'T KNOW WHO SHE IS ANYMORE

      Most of the time, she's herself—or some faded and worn-out version of her old self—despite still being half-crippled by old grief. But sometimes, when she's distracted and caught up in her past, she flickers.

     It all started at the Blip; the moment she saw her hands start to disappear, Florence held on, despite not meaning to—and only part of her disintegrated, leaving her thin and barely tangible, flickering in and out of solidity. It was worse at the beginning, when she'd spent the better part of four years flitting around Brooklyn with only half her sanity, unable to leave the one thing that allowed Florence to keep her physical form. The city was—and still is—a link to her history, a paradox that both traps her and keeps her free.

     Now that she's better, though, Florence is slowly starting to make a new normal, to adjust to a life without everything she lost before the Blip. All she has now is her sister, the only other person who knows that somehow, Florence Leung cheated the Snap.

      The problem is, there's something about Brooklyn that doesn't let Florence leave for more than a few hours for fear of disintegrating. Brooklyn is her haven, the only place Florence can stay without having to worry—but unbeknownst to her, there's someone else who can't bring himself to leave.

      Letting go is hard, and no one knows that better than Bucky Barnes. He, like Florence, has stayed in one place since the aftermath of the Blip. When their paths cross, however, Bucky and Florence realize that perhaps they both need to let go of their homes to move forward.

     And the only way to brave the distance without getting hurt is to do it together.