Chapter 18: Atlantia

This past week, Blaise and I have been busy ensuring that the shop was well-stocked for opening day as well as getting our first order of potions for the Weasely Twins prepared. In the back room, we made a room full of cauldrons so we could have multiple different potions brewing at the same time. I had timers set above each one if they had a time limit in which they needed to simmer. It was hard work but I enjoyed it. There was something about making the potions that made it so fun and relaxing so I really enjoyed making them.

When it was the night before our grand opening, I took a look around our now well-stocked shop. The shelves were filled with a variety of potions and on the far wall, there was a shelf filled with rare potion ingredients that are necessary for some potions but very hard to find.

"I can't believe tomorrow is opening day." I say as Blaise hands me the book we were going to use as our custom orders of potions. I set it aside by the register before turning back to Blaise.

"How about we celebrate? It's been a while since we visited New York and your family. Maybe we could have dinner in New York though it would be around lunch time there before visiting your family?" I nod my head.

"That's sounds wonderful." I say giving him a smile. He offers me his hand.

"You want to apparate? There's no fireplaces that we can floo travel with in New York or at least that I know of." Blaise said.

"And you are not letting me shadow travel right?" I teased as I take his hand.

"Not for another year." Blaise confirms before taking me through the horrible method of traveling. When we arrived in an alleyway, I grabbed the wall to steady myself as my head spun from the apparation. It never used to do it but my powers were being weird since the battle against Voldemort and the battle with Tartarus.

"I can't wait till I can use my shadow travel." I say as I wait for dizziness to disappear. "I hate apparation." Blaise laughs before offering me his arm which I loop my arm in. Together we walk out of the alley and down the familiar streets for New York. It felt familiar and a place of memories but it didn't totally feel like I belonged there anymore. Instead, it feels like a memory and not the home I remember it as. I guess London is my home now and I'm not complaining.

"So, what do you want for lunch?" Blaise asked me as we walked down the street and I pointed out places that I had a memory from. Most of them involved me killing some sort of monster but there was a few good ones.

"We should get a slice of pizza." I say smiling, "You can't come to New York without having a slice."

"Pizza it is...you know any good spots?" Blaise asks. I just smile and give him a look.

Ten minutes later, we were walking out of a small little pizza joint that actually wasn't that far from the entrance to Olympus.

"I'm really surprised that guy remembered you." Blaise said as we walked down the street toward the Empire State Building. I wanted to eat our food in the garden that was located up there since it was really pretty and we planned to visit my parents.

"A lot of the demigods would go there when we took trips to New York." I explain, "I think if I was him I would remember the kids who looked like they had just come from a battle." Blaise laughs.

"Wait, you guys would come to his pizza parlor when you guys had just fought monsters?" Blaise asked.

"Yep," I say grinning as I wave to the lobby guard as we stepped into the elevator. "But we never meant to. It just every time we went to visit him for pizza, we were attacked. We tried to hide it the first few times but gave up after the first ten times." Blaise smiles as that as the elevator doors open revealing Olympus. 

"You know even though I've been here before, I still can't believe this place is real." Blaise said as we walked down the path.

"It is surreal feeling to walk here." I say. We continue to chat as we finally make it to the garden before we enjoy our food. After we finished eating, Blaise and I made our way across the floating bridge that would lead us to the throne room where my parents were waiting for us.

"Atlantia, my child." I hear Zeus boom at us when we entered, "It is good to see you." He spots Blaise, "Blaise my boy how you doing?"

"I'm good sir." Blaise says still a little nervous around my parents which was understandable. He was my boyfriend and he was talking with my parents. That would be stressful in any situation but to make it worse I have more than two parents and they have the power to smite someone. Well, I guess now they don't really but they can still make your life a living Fields of Punishment. 

"Atlantia," Aphrodite said pulling me into a hug, "Look at you. You take after your mother with your beauty. Coral was such a beautiful woman and I can see her in you. Now," She pulls me away from Blaise as Zeus continues to chat with him, "Now, how is your relationship with Blaise going?"

"It's good. We actually are supposed to open our potion shop together tomorrow." I tell her though I'm sure she knows.

"Ah yes, your potions shop. Apollo would be glad that his lessons all those years ago are being used. Now, please tell me you are including my famous love potions and beauty potions?" Aphrodite said with a grin.

"Of course, mother but your love potions are being sold with the Weasley's twins at their joke shop. They had been selling love potions so it made more sense for us to have a partnership then be competitors." I tell her.

"Now, there's nothing wrong with a little friendly competition." Nike, the goddess of victory, said walking over to us. "I mean how else are you going to determine a winner?"

"I had enough competition during my childhood." I mumble under my breath. I continue to chat with my mothers about my life as I see my fathers talking to Blaise which I wondered about but eventually we needed to leave if we wanted to be well-rested for tomorrow so we said goodbye before walking out of the throne room and down the bridge.

"My dads weren't really hard on you right, Blaise?" I ask him as we step into the elevator. He shrugs.

"Not more than a normal dad would be." He tells me, "They were more interested in our life and said if I ever had any questions to ask them about you to feel free to visit."

"Huh, that's interesting." I say as the elevator doors open but I drop the converstation when Blaise apparates us back to Diagon Alley. 

The next morning we were up early as we needed to ensure that all the potions were on the shelves and the new batch of potions were started in the back room. I left a few cauldrons open for the custom orders that we may get today. Then once it was time, I unlocked the door and flipped our sign to open. To my surprise there was a crowd of wizards and witches waiting outside our door. They immediately bustle in and began looking at our potions for sell. The day was hectic as many of our potions disappeared of our shelves and our order book was packed with so many orders. I guess so many wizards and witches had heard of my potions at Hogwarts and wanted some of the special ones like Aphrodite's adopted beauty potions or my adapted ambrosia and nectar. When the day was over, Blaise and I began our closing routine. He got the mops started with magic as I check how much money was made. We planned to donate most of  the money we earned since we didn't need any with my vault being filled with enough money for twenty generations.

"Do you think every day is going to be like this one?" Blaise asks he comes over to grab the money I set aside for donations. He was going to put it in a safe upstairs as I put the money for the shop in the safe under the register.

"I doubt it but I don't think we'll ever have a slow day." I say smiling at him as I looked forward to the future for once.