12

Hello! So before the chapter starts I wanted to let you guys know I linked a Pinterest board I made for the Stars Series on my profile, in my bio! Just some of my inspirations and possible fan-type-casts of some of the characters! Enjoy!

The peaceful look on Jordan's face while he sleeps has me delaying my trip to the bathroom. His blonde hair is tousled and his lips form a little pout of contentment.

I glance at him one more time before I race out the room to the bathroom after grabbing one of Jordan's long sleeve shirts off the floor. I've had to pee for god knows how long and I should have gone sooner.

After finishing in the bathroom, it's dark and I don't realize what's in front of me until I run into Ash.

"Oh my gosh Ash!" I whisper. "I'm sorry, I didn't see you."

She giggles. "Daph it's okay, I couldn't see you either."

We join together in laughter.

"Bathroom?" I ask gesturing to it.

She shakes her head. "No, water. I needed some but apparently so did Derek because when I got out of bed he asked for it." She says rolling her eyes but a smile still paints her lips.

I chuckle. "Those hockey players and their neediness."

She laughs too. "Tell me about it. How about Jordan? Is he asleep?"

I stare at her for a moment gauging her expression in the dark hallway. "Why would I-"

She sighs. "Daphne, it's okay, I know. Well based off of the argument on the patio, I assumed as much. Why didn't you tell me?" She asks.

I frown. "I don't know, I think I was just nervous you would talk me out of it. You were nervous about Brooks and I know Jordan's your cousin-"

Ash shakes her head. "No Daphne, it's totally fine with me. But you don't need my permission. You're allowed to do what you want. I haven't brought it up because I knew you would tell me when you wanted to." She says with a light smile.

Relief courses through me. "Have I ever told you we'd be great friends?" I joke.

Ash giggles. "We should be roommates, sound good?"

I nod and we quietly laugh together.

TTTTTTT

I woke up the next morning to Jordan draped over me. I snort at the position but decide to let him sleep.

A few moments later I feel a peck on my neck. "When did you put a shirt on?" He murmurs, his tone seem playfully annoyed.

I chuckle. "I had to pee." I say bluntly.

He snickers. "Ah, I see."

He lifts his head and kisses me. I love kissing him but I can't not tell him. "I told Ash."

He raises his eyebrows. "You did?"

I nod. "Well she kind of knew."

He scoffs, pieces of his hair fly into his eyes and he lifts a hand to brush it back. "She always knows."

I nod in agreement. "Today's the last day." I say frowning.

This cabin is beautiful. It's cozy but not too small for all of us to be cramped. My poor room however was barely used. Not that I mind.

Jordan nods but doesn't say anything else. He seems to be thinking through something.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

He looks back down at me and shakes his head. "Nothing, it's just... last night. You're okay with it right? I didn't hurt you?"

I try not to smile at the look on his face right now. He looks... scared? Nervous? I've never really seen Jordan nervous.

I shake my head. "Not at all, far from it."

His features relax and I pull him down for a kiss.

Then, the door opens. "Jordan, do you have my beanie again-" Hallie stops dead in her tracks when she sees us. Eyes wide and jaw open.

"Hal-" Jordan starts.

Hallie holds up a hand. "Nope, never mind, keep the beanie." She puts a hand over her eyes which makes Jordan snort. "Make sure you two are ready in twenty. The girls are going out to lunch before we leave tonight and the guys are staying back here for barbecue and beer or something, I honestly have no idea. Anyways... I'll be leaving." She says and shuts the door.

Jordan looks back at me and we burst into a fit of laughter.

TTTTTTTTT

The place Ash's mom chose for lunch is a small cafe in the cutest downtown area I've ever seen. It's the perfect setting with the fall leaves still present but still beginning to disappear and the small amount of snow coating the roads.

Ash is talking to her mom and Hallie, ahead of me, and Jordan and Hallie's mom, Alice, is next to me.

"What kind of foods do you like, Daphne?" Alice asks, startling me a bit.

I recover and smile at her. "I like all kinds of food I think," I say. "Well maybe besides fish, it's too slimy for me." I say in disgust.

Alice laughs and nods. "I do have to agree with you, but where we are going has no fish."

I chuckle. "Well that's a plus."

She smiles brightly. She has blonde hair like Jordan and eyes like Hallie. Her aged, but beautiful skin, shines in the afternoon sun. "I remember when Ash came home for the first time and told us all about her college adventures so far. I was excited to hear you two got along."

I nod in agreement. "Me too, I'm so thankful Ash is my roommate. I was terrified I would get someone totally awful."

"Yes, Ash was nervous too. Hallie went through a rough roommate situation but we made sure that changed." She says.

"Well that's good. It's never fun being miserable, stuck with someone you don't get along with." I say.

She nods. "Jordan told me your parents live out of state?"

"Yeah, I'm from Wisconsin. My parents are divorced so it was a little nice finding something on my own." I say with a slight distaste.

I love my parents but not all times are the best. My mom got remarried when I was thirteen and after that I spent most of the time with my dad because she was so busy with her new family. The new step dad came with two twin step brothers and at five years old, with a mom who passed away, I decided to give her space. And the other problem was that she never really tried with me. They got divorced when I was young and my dad did way more than my mom. That's why it's very refreshing to see moms who talk to their children.

"Oh I'm sorry to hear that dear," she says kindly. "Are you close to them?" She asks.

"With my dad yes, but my mom is a little more complicated." I say solemnly.

She frowns and pulls me in for a side hug. "Well honey, if this goes as I think it will, you always have us."

That statement surprises me but makes me smile nonetheless. The "if this goes as I think it will" statement makes me realize she must know something.

"I can tell a difference in Jordan you know?" She says, giving me a knowing look.

I raise an eyebrow. "Really? We haven't known each other that long?"

She nods. "He's always been one to try and be better. Get better and be the best all the time. I'm not sure where he gets that but it's a blessing and a curse for him." She says laughing to herself. "I've not really seen him this relaxed in awhile."

For how kind of fast this has all gone, it's kind of funny that Jordan's mom noticed that about him.

"I'll tell you some stories about him when we get inside, you'll love them." She seems pleased.

I laugh knowing Jordan is not going to be very happy of me gossiping about him.