Child's Play - Chapter Twelve

"Still to this day, I don't know how to fish the right way." Fatima stopped in her tracks, furrowing her eyebrows as she reached for the screen door knob. "Cause you weren't there to fuckin' teach me."

She was taken aback by Juni's angry tone, him being angry was very rare, he sounded hurt, like he was on the verge of tears. "I learned how to tie a tie through my momma. But she couldn't teach me how to be a man, I had to teach myself."

"Junior-"

Arnaldo's soft and calm voice was interrupted by Junior raising his voice. "I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt. But you just keep proving how shitty of a dad you are, now me and Fatima gotta stay here just so she can have you in her life. Don't let her down how you did me."

She sighed, opening the door. Both Arnaldo and Juni looked over, plastering a smile on their faces. "Hey mija, what you doin' over here?"

"Came to see if Matias was over he. We were supposed to have dinner together, but Oscar and Cesar are tagging along."

Juni shrugged, "haven't seen him."

She hummed, nodding. "Let me know if you do."

"I will." He agreed, giving Arnaldo one last glare before leaving the room.

What Fatima didn't know is that Arnaldo just walked in on Juni and Matias. So the outburst that Juni had on his father was a facade for what he was doing with his little sisters boyfriend and for what had been going on behind her back for years. Arnaldo was just the unlucky party to walk in and find out.

As Junior walked out of the room, Arnaldo stood up with a sigh. He knew Matias was hiding half undressed in Juni's room. But, he couldn't tell her, not now that everything was finally falling into place. He would keep it to himself for as long as he could. As long as she never found out he knew, everything would unwind as it's supposed to. At least that's what made him feel better with his decision to not tell her.

As he walked pass her, he offered a smile and a small peck to her forehead. "I'm checking in for the night, mija. I'll see you in the morning."

Fatima's eyebrows became furrowed in a confused look. "It's like seven o'clock?" But Arnaldo was long gone into his bedroom where she heard him mumbling words to Blanca as he shut the door. She huffed, her shoulders falling with the release of her tense breath. As she turned around to begin toward the front door somebody spoke behind her. "You were looking for me?"

She spun, a small smile creeping onto her face. "Hey, Matias. Yeah." She slumped over, embracing him in a small hug. "I was wondering if you wanted to come with Oscar, Cesar and I to dinner."

"Uh..." He hesitated. "Sure." He finally answered when she didn't let up on her offer. "What sounds good?"

"We were thinking burgers, there's this place on the beach that has like wings, burgers and beer." Her hair flew as she turned on her heel, he watched as she obliviously went along with her night, confirming that she in fact did not know. He could finally breathe, and so he did, which caused her to pause in her steps. "Everything okay?"

He nodded and she continued walking through the grass that separated Oscar and Happy's front yard. "Everything's perfect." She smiled but he cleared his throat. "Just like old times."

At the restaurant, things felt tense. Nobody spoke to each other and all that was heard was the ninety's rock playing loudly from the bar and the crashing from the waves as they hit the shore. Every once and while Cesar would have a one sided conversation. But it would usually just end in Oscar giving him a nod as he tried not to make eye contact with anybody. That was until his phone screen lit up with a text from Happy.

He almost choked on his food when he read the message. It summed up the fact that Matias was screwing Juni and plainly asking Oscar if he could break them up by dating his daughter. He coughed, the table of people looked a him with concerned eyes, all besides Matias. It wasn't until Oscar spoke that Matias became concerned. "Happy needs to speak to me." He said, his eyes looking over at Matias who's face became pale. "I'm gonna make a phone call, I'll be right back."

Oscar stepped off of the wooden deck and into the sand, close enough to the shore so the people he left behind couldn't hear his conversation. As soon as the line connected Oscar spoke. "Now, what he fuck are you talking about?"

Happy sighed, "I walked in and my son was standing behind Matias."

Oscar looked back, Cesar tried to keep the conversation going but they all had a worried expression on their faces. "Doing what?" He watched as Matias stood excusing himself to go check on Oscar.

"Lubing his fucking pito up, bro."

Oscar's jaw dropped, but Matias was already too close so he had to cut the conversation short. "I gotta go, I'll talk to you later." He slid his phone into his pocket as Matias stood before him.

"Everything okay, Spooky?"

Oscar's first thought was what slipped through his mouth, "I'm fucking Fatima, bro." Matias was appalled, his mouth falling slightly agape. "Like I been giving her dick on a daily. Foreal."

Matias furrowed his eyebrows, "what do I even say to that?"

Oscar shook his head, "not a damn thing." He cleared his throat, "here's how this is gonna go, homie." He set his hand on Matias' shoulder. "I'm gonna keep giving her the best dick of her life, and we're gonna pretend like you're not playing meat tennis with her brother." At that point, Matias was too stunned to say anything, so he just shook his head, and stuttered some kind of excuse. Oscar laughed, "try not to get caught, bro."