Chpt. 2

*Like I said before it is not that good but I'm doing it anyway because I'd rather put up this story than do some of my school work right now lol hope you like and if you do please vote and comment. Thank you*

           I jump up gasping for air and look around me to see my room? It was just a dream or maybe more of a nightmare if anything. I pat myself down and lift my shirt to see if there were any stab wounds of any sort and to my surprise, there is not one scratch. My head was still spinning from how livid and realistic it was. I look at the time and it is 8:30 in the morning. I am late for school I think to myself. I went to see what day it was and it was November 15. 

              Did I see the unseen future or was my mind just playing tricks on me? Many questions were filling my head as I get dressed for school. I started heading down the stairs when I stopped halfway because I heard my mother talking on the phone with someone

          Someone that sounded familiar yet unknown at the same time. I tried listening in to what my mother was talking about. Especially since I am still pretty shaken from the nightmare last night. The thought of my mom being the one who had murdered me right there. It shakes me to even think about it.

I listen in a more careful ear to the wall as I cup it to make the sound clearer. I hear the muffling of their conversation a little bit more clearly. As I hear my mother speak, "No, Esther I will not help you... not after last time."

          My face scrunches up with confusion about what "last time" means. Did something happen? Did someone die? My head spins with all these questions with the dream and everything else. I shake my head and listen back in as a voice comes out of the phone speaking softly yet sinisterly as if I feel the evil smug grin. "C'mon June Bug, I know you want to get rid of that girly too." She says almost too smugly. 

         I question in fear who they were talking about. Was the "girly" they were talking about me? I start to thinking frantically, panic fueling through my veins. As I think of everything that has been happening to me. Somehow it must be all connected... shouldn't it? I snap out of it and listen once again to hear who I believe is my mother snaps back quietly, "No, I do not and will not help you..and I will stop you if I have to." There is a break of silence before I hear my mother add, "...It's just June, you know that Esthie" in a mocking way. And hangs up.

      I  try to make it look like I am just going down the stairs, but as I go down the stairs, I hear the clicking of heels click-clacking my way. So I rush with my bookbag to see my mother right in front of me. "Oh darling you scared me," says my mother while putting a hand to her heart. "Sorry Mom, I'm late for school," I reply while trying to get around her to get breakfast quickly. But my mother moves in front of me to stop me.  

         "Oh darling you don't have to," she says while I give her a questioning look. She continues to answer my unspoken question, "I called the school, and told them you weren't feeling well." I intervene, "But I feel fine?" Eyeing her suspiciously as the dream pops in the back of my head. "I know but with stress from school and your nightmare." She says in a sweet but protective motherly voice. I look at her with shock and fear written on my face as I turn my head to look at her. I look at her with shock and fear written on my face as I turn my head to look at her. "... I never told you I had a nightmare, Mum?" I tell her, scared and suspicious of how she knew.

      "Oh deary, I came into your room last night because you were screaming right when I got home." She cooed while rubbing my arms in a comforting way. As I put my bookbag down since I am not going to school I ask," But how come I didn't hear you come in?" 

          "Oh but of course, you didn't darling, you in such shock from the dream, you didn't even hear or see come next to you and hold you." I stood there gaping with shock as my mother came back in front of me with my book bag in her hands.

          "Oh dear, close your mouth you'll get flies, here is your book bag and a bagel for you. Now up to your bedroom and onto your computer to do your work. I will be in either in my home office working, you know not to bother me. '' She says to me handing me the bookbag and bagel and I reply, "Yes, Mom." Walking back up the stairs wondering why she was rushing me but I do it anyway.

        It's been five hours now, and it's 1:30 and I have been swamped with work. When I hear the garage door open and close. I stood completely still scared of the call with my mother and the nightmare but remembered Mom's home so I have nothing to fear, right? I go back to my work when 15 minutes later I hear thuds come from downstairs.