003. repeat after me

The next morning, Remedy woke up oddly cold

The next morning, Remedy woke up oddly cold. However, once she turned her head to look at the sleeping Pietro beside her, she realized why.

It wasn't an uncommon occurrence that during the middle of the night, Pietro would steal most of the blankets. But that didn't mean it annoyed her any less.

To put it lightly, it was very early in the morning. Which meant that Remedy was only half awake.

Turning over to try and take the stolen blankets back, she accidentally turned the wrong way. Which then resulted in her falling off the bed.

There was a loud thud soon followed by a groan of pain. "Ouch." Remedy complained aloud.

Remedy could hear Pietro shuffle around from his side of the bed. She guessed he had heard the loud noise of her body hitting the floor.

"Edy? Are you alright?" Pietro asked, voice full of concern. After a while of no response, he got up and walked across the moonlit room.

He could see Remedy sprawled out on their bedroom floor.

Her cheek was pressed up against the wood and the rest of her limbs were all spread out so that she would make a sort of starfish shape.

Pietro crouched down and tried rubbing her back for comfort.

"Mmm, my head hurts." Remedy said drowsily, finally responding to his question.

"I bet. You hit the floor pretty hard." Pietro stated.