Chapter 2 AX400

Y/n:POV

We are outside a supermarket I am trying to have a normal conversation with Connor "We've got officers sweeping the neighborhood, in case anybody saw anything"Ben says "Okay. Well, let me know if they turn anything up"Dad says "What are you gonna do with that?"Ben asks pointing to Connor "I've no idea..."Dad says and comes up to us "It took the first bus that came along...and stayed at the end of the line. Its decision wasn't planned, it was driven by fear"Connor says "Androids don't feel fear"Dad says "Deviants do. They get overwhelmed by their emotions and make irrational decisions"I say a little mad at dad forgetting I am one "Ah well, that still doesn't tell us where it went"Dad says.

"It didn't have a plan, and it had nowhere to go. Maybe it didn't go far..."Connor says "Maybe..."Dad says and a cop runs up to us "We saw its head towards the train station"He says and me and Connor look at each other and run I see them turn and I slide around the corner as they climb over the fence "Don't shoot! We need it alive!"Connor says as the deviant and a little child are about to cross the highway "Oh fuck, that's insane..."Dad says and Connor tries to climb the fence "Hey! Where you goin'?"Dad asks "I can't let them get away"Connor says "They won't! They'll never make it to the other side"Dad says "I can't take that chance"Connor says "Hey, you will get yourself killed! Do NOT go after 'em, Connor, that's an order!"Dad says but Connor climbs the fence and runs after them "Connor, Goddammit!"Dad says as I watch tense as if it will help Connor not get hit by a car.

Connor gets pushed by a car and I gasp, he stands by the side of the road and the deviant and child are gone.

I sit in the backseat as dad went to eat "You do know you need to eat too right?"Connor says looking back at me "Yeah I'm not hungry for fast food"I say I move dad's seat and open the door so I can get out Connor follows and we stand behind dad and a friend I guess "Eh, you know, same old shit"Dad says as we reach them, "Plastic with you?"Gary asks "That's my daughter and that...Only temporary..."Dad says I roll my eyes, "What is your problem? Don't you ever do as you're told? Look, you don't have to follow me around like a poodle!"Dad says 

"I'm sorry for my behavior back at the police station. I didn't mean to be unpleasant"Connor says "Oh, wow... You've even got a brown-nosing apology program! Guys at CyberLife thought of everything, huh?"Dad says chuckling "Here you go"Gary says handing dad his food "Ah! Thanks, Gary. I'm starving..."Dad says and we walk to a standing table "Don't leave that thing here!"Gary says "Not a chance! Come here Connor"I say and he comes over like a dog, "I don't want to alarm you, Lieutenant, but I think your friends are engaged in illegal activities..."Connor says "Well, everybody does what they have to, to get by... As long as they're not hurting anybody, I don't bother 'em"Dad says "How often do you eat here dad?"I ask "Most days... Gary makes the best burger in Detroit"Dad answers.

"You didn't pay for your meal..."Connor says "Gary's a friend. I scratch his back, he scratches mine"Dad says "That's a weird way to put it"I say taking some soda from dad's mug "Enjoy your meal"Connor says "Thank you"Dad says a little shocked "This morning when we were chasing those deviants... Why didn't you want me to cross the highway?"Connor asks "'Cause you could've been killed..."Dad says "And I don't like filling out paperwork for damaged equipment"Dad adds I smile at Dad's stone heart starting to melt for Connor.

"Is there anything you'd like to know about me?"Connor asks I think for a second "What do the different colors of the LED mean?"I ask "Well Blue is neutral, Yellow has stressed or signs of deviancy or if I would be one and Red is if I am in lethal danger, "Connor says I nod "Well, yeah, um... Why did they make you look so goofy and give you that weird voice?"Dad asks "He doesn't look weird he looks good!"I blurt out I look away shocked at my own words "CyberLife androids are designed to work harmoniously with humans. Both my appearance and voice were specifically designed to facilitate my integration"Connor says "Well, they fucked up"Dad says as I turn back to them.