Chapter 64

New cover!!! Credits to; coffeereine !! Thanks so much! Xoxo

>•<

Ginny didn't speak to Lucy the following days. However, Lucy was too caught up with life back at school to be overly concerned.

"Still not talking to you?" Harry gestured to where Ginny had just grabbed a bagel and left.

"Nah," Lucy shrugged, "you?"

"Nothing," Harry sighed, "do you think we're being bad friends?"

"I don't," Lucy said plainly, "she'll come around eventually and realize she was wrong. She asked me for my opinion, it's not my fault she didn't agree with me."

"How do you do that?" Harry asked.

"Do what?" Lucy took a bite of her apple.

"Be so unproblematic," Harry said, "your best friend isn't speaking to you and you're not even mad."

"People fight, Harry," Lucy laughed, "especially when they love each other, it's not the end of the world."

"Yes, but you didn't do anything wrong?" He frowned.

"From our perspective," she said, "Ginny sees it a different way, she sees it as us being insensitive towards her trauma."

"If she wants to talk trauma, I can talk trauma," Harry said bitterly.

"Harry, this isn't about you," Lucy laughed, flicking his forehead, "you may be famous, but that doesn't make the world revolve around you."

"You're mean, you know that?" Harry pouted.

"But I'm right," Lucy smirked, "come on loser, you're walking me to class."

"Alright," Harry got up, "where're we going?"

"Potions," Lucy said, "it's my first lesson with Slughorn, any tips?"

"Have a textbook that tells you what to do," Harry said.

"Ha, ha," Lucy rolled her eyes.

"His class is the opposite of Snape's," Harry said as they walked through the corridor, "have you had his defense class yet?"

"Yesterday," Lucy nodded, "very strange, kind of reminded me of you though..."

"Why do people keep saying that!" Harry exclaimed, "I am not like Snape!"

Lucy shrugged, "it's not a bad thing."

"Just walk," Harry huffed.

Lucy laughed into his shoulder, "you love me."

"You're making it very hard to love you at the moment," Harry said gruffly but a smile broke on his lips.

"I'm just giving you the full sibling experience, you poor, poor deprived boy."

"I grew up with Dudley," Harry gave her a look, "if anyone was deprived, it was you, you grew up alone."

"True," Lucy nodded, "Abe was enough for me though."

"The Dursley's will never be enough," Harry cringed.

"Hence, deprived," Lucy snorted.

"Hey, there's that smell again," Harry took in a deep breath, "I guess Slughorn still has the Amortentia out."

Lucy took a deep breath in through her nose, "cedar wood, Butterbeer and citrus."

"Why those?" Harry asked curiously.

"Home, and Sawyer," Lucy smiled softly, "what do you smell?"

"Treacle Tart, broomstick polish, and something floral...I can't place it exactly, I know I've smelled it at the Burrow, it's hard to explain, maybe honeysuckle?"

Lucy's eyes widened but she quickly got her expression under control. She new that scent, it came from a bottle she saw everyday in the shower.

"Why the face?" Harry asked.

"No reason," Lucy shook her head, "I was just thinking, it's strange that Butterbeer has a scent, isn't it?"

"Huh," Harry's eyebrows raised, "that is weird."

"Mhm," the gears in her head were turning at a rapid pace, "the bells about to ring, I better go inside."

"Have fun," Harry gave her a quick hug before she slipped into the classroom, "I'll see you back at the common room."

"Bye, Harry!"

She hurried to sit down, sitting down next to Ginny, who still refused to look her way.

"Look, Gin, this is ridiculous, we have different views, quite frankly our argument is stupid. I'm not invalidating your trauma, you just have to understand that this is a different situation. The book isn't possessed, it's just an old textbook with notes scribbled on the pages. So can we please just forget about this whole thing?"

Ginny let out a heavy sigh, "I just don't want him to get hurt, Luce, I'm scared."

"Ginny, he'll be ok," Lucy reassured, "Hermione checked the book, I promise you, it's just some ink on paper, no magic whatsoever."

Ginny nodded, "I'm sorry for yelling at you."

"I'm just happy I have my best friend back," Lucy smiled, "ok, now that's over with, what's your shampoo again?"

Ginny shot her a look, "strange topic change, but ok, uhm, honeysuckle and rose, why?"

"Rose! That's it! No reason, it's just been bothering me all day, I couldn't remember the second scent."

"It smells great in here," Ginny said suddenly, as if she had just noticed.

"What does it smell like?" Lucy asked.

"Mmmmm....pressed linen, mum's minced pies and...pine."

Lucy nodded, trying to keep the knowing smile off her face.

"Good morning! Good morning!"

Horace Slughorn sauntered into the room, his belly jiggling with every step he took.

"I am Horace Slughorn, your potions professor for the foreseeable future," he clapped his hands together, "now, it is my assumption that you all have noticed the pleasurable aroma in the room. Can someone tell me what is causing it?"

Lucy raised her hand.

"Yes—oh my dear old me!" Slughorn clutched at his chest as his beady eyes scanned Lucy imploringly, "my dear...what's your name?"

"Lucille Evans, sir," Lucy shifted uncomfortably in her seat.

"Lucille...Evans..." Slughorn whispered under his breath, "Evans."

"It's Amortentia, sir," Lucy cleared her throat.

"What is?" He looked up, confused, "oh, yes, right, of course, Amortentia, can anyone tell me what Amortentia is?"

"The strongest love potion in the world," Ginny answered.

"Right you are, Ms. Weasley! Now, we won't study this potion until you all are N.E.W.T students, however, I thought it was a neat way to kick off your classes. Now, what makes this potion so special is that it's aroma differs depending on the individual. Amortentia smells like what a person is most attracted to, what they love the most."

Ginny's jaw slacked "there's no way," she mumbled, "uh oh."

Lucy pretended not to hear the redhead, letting her work it out on her own.

One thing was certain, Ginny Weasley didn't smell Dean Thomas in her Amortentia.

"Now, Amortentia is also extremely dangerous, it causes infatuation and obsession, not to be mistaken for love, feel free to come up and get a gander at it, one at a time now, and while you wait, we'll start our lesson, today we will be brewing Draught of Peace, if you may, open your textbooks to page twenty-eight."