Different winds

"Calm weather? Do not trust your eyes. Your eyes can lie to you." - Ningguang

He wasn't at our meeting place on time. He never was on time for anything.

'Where are you'

'On the way, fighting with hillicurls' - Lumiere

"Of course," I said aloud. "Fighting hillicurls."

"Could always work on your elemental abilities" Shinzhi, my brother, and I's familiar nudged.

"Can you teleport to him and tell him that Mondstat is expecting him to be there before Lisa leaves the library?" I asked.

"If I teleport, I'll have a cooldown," Shinzhi said. "You know how I get disoriented."

"Right, a flaw me or Lumiere couldn't figure out," I replied.

Shinzhi was a medium-sized floating flame who had no real purpose besides keeping me and my brother company. We created them through our visions one day but Lumiere thought it would be funny to give Shinzhi some electro hair. They sort of looked like the sun, if the sun was cut in half and had some sort of intelligence.

"I-I'm here." Lumiere panted.

"It looks like you haven't washed your hair in years." I covered my nose. "Or bathed yourself."

Lumiere is my twin brother who is almost my clone but, his hair is much longer than mine and he has a large scar over his eye. He's a bit taller than Kaeya and bears the same scary expression as Diluc. That couldn't be more opposite of his personality. Lumiere is a huge softie with a golden heart. He wears a red and purple hair flower hair clip with a few longer pieces of fabric because some little girl gave it to him since he was so nice to her. It also matches both of our eye colors and visions that we carry.

"I plan on doing that when I return home tonight," Lumiere said shyly. He was always so nervous about anyone judging him.

Lumiere and I exchanged what we did in each city and what we need to report back to the respective persons.

"Are you going to confront him?" Lumiere asked.

"Of course, we deserve to know" I stated.

Lumiere didn't say anything and waited for me to spark up a new conversation or ease the tension.

"Zhongli has been lying, we saw him with our own two eyes." I said, "He is the one who gave our parents that power and, he knows who we are."

"It's because of him, we can live this type of life," Lumiere responded. "We aren't bound by contracts anymore, it's up to the goodness in our hearts."

"The goodness in my heart won't let me agree with him giving up that Gnosis." I spat. "Not when mom and dad have ascended and they want to ruin that."

It was the talk of the town when our parents had been murdered by an unidentified man who was described to be wearing a Fatui uniform. We were old enough to fend for ourselves but our parents had a special job, being the messengers for each city. They kept peace between the civilians and solved any issues that didn't need any higher-up's help.

Before they ascended, they put their visions in my brother and I's hands. My mother was blessed with an electro vision while my father was pyro. Both Mondstat and Liyue had ceremonies for their passings. They were the first couple to be married that were from different cities.