Chapter Nine

~Ditching~

Time has passed since I first moved here. I learned to like it here in Derry. Other than having to deal with my older brother who kept harassing me and my friends. He despised Richie the most since I mostly spent my time with him. I did a good job at helping Richie avoid him though. It's finally the last week of school. I started to become friends with Greta as well, she may have been a bitch, but it was nice to have a friend who was a girl. I also had to admit I was slowly developing feelings for Richie Tozier.

I was walking with Richie to school, it was only Monday. I couldn't wait til Thursday, which was finally the last day.

"I really don't want to go to school." I complained to Richie as we walked side by side.

"Me either."

"Let's ditch?" I suggested.

"I've never ditched before."

"Well then c'mon, I'm sure I saw a diner here the day I first got here."

Richie rode his bike and I rode my skateboard all the way to the diner. We arrived and were sat down at a booth.

"I don't have any money to pay for this." Richie stated.

"I don't either."

A waitress walked up to us with her notepad, "May I get you two started with some drinks?" She asked.

"I'll have a cherry coke." I smiled.

She turned to Richie, "What about you sir?"

"Water." He said blankly.

She walked away ready to get our drinks.

Richie immediately continued our conversation from before the waitress came up to us, "Why the fuck did you suggest going to a diner if neither of us have money?"

"It's called dining and ditching dip wad." I spat quietly enough so that only he could hear.

"You're ruthless."

After we finished our food, "Get ready Richie." I smirked.

He seemed slightly nervous, I stood up from the booth and so did I. We both slowly started walking and he kept looking around trying to make sure no waiters or waitresses spotted us, "Stop acting fucking suspicious!" I whisper yelled.

I grabbed his hand and ran out the front door, I quickly hopped on my skateboard and started to ride, Richie got on his bike and followed after me.

"You're a fucking maniac!" He caught up to me.

Henry's Pov:

"Where the fuck is my little sister?!" I asked her new little boy-friends she hung out with almost everyday.

"W-we don't k-know." The stuttering bitch boy said out of fear.

I noticed that the nerdy boy with glasses wasn't there  either. I stormed off and went to Patrick, "Dude you know that fucking twink who lives across the street from me?"

"I saw him and your little sister together yesterday morning." He shrugged.

"This is a big fucking deal man!" I shoved him, "That perverted kid is probably off somewhere fucking my little sister!"

Ashlyn's Pov:

Me and Richie were at a creek somewhere in the forest. We sat on two large rocks getting to know one another.

"I really did get intimidated by you when you mentioned your last name being Bowers." He stated.

"Well I'm not an asshole like him, so you have nothing to worry about." I grabbed a pebble out of the dirt and threw it at the water, it skipped about three times before sinking into the shallow creek.

I noticed he kept looking at me in the corner of my eye, so I turned my head quickly. He didn't look away or anything, "Can I help you Tozier?"

He finally looked away after I spoke and didn't say a word.

I started to look at my white air force ones, I remembered the day that me and Richie had kissed. We barely even knew each other that moment. The tension between the two of us was quite awkward, I looked back up at Richie and he was already looking at me.

I put my hand on his face, cupping his cheek. He said absolutely nothing, he didn't say anything that the dickhead would usually say. I brought his face closer to mine and I kissed him. It was only a peck though, I let go of the kiss and I smiled awkwardly at him. He quickly grabbed the back of my head and smashed my lips against his. We kissed one another passionately, more than before.

"Get your dirty little hands off of my fucking sister you disgusting perv!" Someone screamed, and that someone was my fucking brother, Henry Bowers.

We both stood up quickly, our fight or flight obviously kicked in. I put my arm out and pushed Richie behind me.

"I knew something was up with the two of you!" Henry continued, he had all his friends with him.

"Henry why can't you just leave me the fuck alone for once!" I yelled back at him, "You're always meddling in my god damn life you nosey bastard!"

"I'm only trying to protect you!" He grabbed my arm aggressively, "I'm taking you back to school!"

I ripped my arm out of his grip, "Let go of me!"

"I'll leave your little faggot boyfriend alone if you just fucking listen for once Ashlyn!"

I huffed and grabbed Richie's arm and ran off, in the direction of the school. So technically I was listening to him?

Word Count: 901