Chapter 66

"So, which movie should we watch?"

Elijah scrolled through Netflix, briefly pausing to read the descriptions of each show before moving on.

"Hm... I don't know? What do you wanna watch?" Lumine asked sleepily from beside Kody.

"I don't know... Anyone have suggestions?" Elijah looked at the couch.

Kody shrugged- he didn't particularly care what they watched.

"Oh- what's that one? It looks fun!" Lumine suddenly spoke up.

"Alright, let's watch it then!" Elijah was clearly just relieved to have a suggestion.

Lumine smiled. Elijah walked to the other side of the room and turned the lights off.

This was one of the most boring movies Kody had seen.

It was overdramatic, cliche, and poorly-made.

The movie was clearly trying to be emotional, but it was failing horribly. He wasn't sure how anyone could possibly be invested in it.

He leaned back, into the couch. They were only halfway through- this was almost painful.

Kody looked beside him at Lumine, to see if he was enjoying it anymore than Kody was. To his surprise, Lumine was... crying?

"You good?" Kody asked quietly.

Lumine nodded. "Yeah- I don't think I like this movie... it's so sad!" He said, rubbing tears away from his eyes.

Elijah leaned over. "How is this movie sad?"

"What- He broke up with her!"

"So...?"

"I- She- she was crying!" Lumine insisted.

"If you say so..."

Kody sighed and looked back towards the movie. Still as boring as ever- maybe Lumine just had low standards.

As the movie continued, the room gradually became quieter.

Kody looked to his left, to see Lumine passed out beside him.

"Has he seriously fallen asleep already?" Kody asked.

Elijah leaned over. "Guess so. This means we can stop the movie, right? It was kinda... bad?"

Kody nodded, and Elijah grabbed the remote.

"Well, it's already midnight. Not super late- but shouldn't we start getting set up for bed or something?" Elijah asked, turning off the TV.

"Yeah, probably." Calla commented from the other side of the couch.

Elijah stood up. "Alright, there are some blankets in stuff in that box."

He reached over and pulled a few blankets and pillows out of the box- throwing one at Calla.

"Hey!"

"Since Lumine fell asleep on the couch, he can just stay there, I guess." Elijah said.

"Fair enough." Calla replied, tossing the pillow away from her.

Elijah stood up. "Alright- I'm gonna use the bathroom real quick. Uh, try not to murder each other? Lumine is sleeping."

"Please- we're not that immature." Calla insisted.

"Uh huh..." Elijah left the room.

Kody leaned against the couch. He wasn't at all tired, and it was well past midnight. His sleep schedule was awful- it wasn't surprising.

Suddenly, Calla sighed from across the room. "Ugh- fine. Hey, loser, listen up. I'm sorry for how I acted today, alright? And well... for the past several years I guess. Not that you acted much better... But, I'll at least admit that I was being a bitch- And I don't expect you to forgive me or anything stupid like that- but I'll try to do better, got it?"

"Did Elijah pay you to say that?" Kody asked sarcastically.

"Wow- see, this is why I never bother apologizing to people."

"Yup, honestly don't know why you tried."

They sat in silence for a few seconds.

"I'm not going to forgive you anytime soon- and I'm definitely not ever going to be your friend." Kody started.

Calla rolled her eyes.

"But, I'll also try to do better. I'm not gonna forget anything you've done- I can try to get along with you though. At least until Lumine gets his head on straight and ditches you."

"Fine, whatever."

A light flickered off in the hallway, and Elijah walked into the room.

"Wow, look at that. No blood, no tears, no broken controllers. Congratulations, you've passed preschool."

"Shut up, Elijah. You're not nearly as funny as you think you are." Calla retorted.

"Hey! I'm totally funny!" Elijah protested.

"Mhm... sure. Whatever, I'm going to sleep." Calla dragged a blanket to the far side of the room.

"Well, at least Lumine thinks I'm funny." Elijah mumbled.

"Lumine also cried at that crappy movie, I don't think that counts for much." Kody commented.

"Wha- you guys are mean! You're supposed to insult each other, not me!" Elijah whined.

Lumine rolled over on the couch, and Elijah quickly stopped talking.

"Oh, right... Well, goodnight!" He whispered.

Kody laid down. He probably wouldn't be able to fall asleep right away, but he might as well try.