Chapter 2

Harley's POV

"But Puddin'!" I cry out and fling my arm towards his car. I keep it there for a while then groan and let my arm fall limply back to my side, "This sucks."

The cold bites at my skin and makes my eyes feel wet. I turn my head up towards the roof of a nearby building and see that Batman is still just sitting there, observing. I jump up the ladder at the building's side so that I am in front of him, "Heya Batsy."

"Hello Harley," Batsy's voice is so rich and is slightly hoarse. Hot. He blends with the night so well I have to focus to see his black silhouette.

"You're crying" He states, moving his hand as if he might touch my face, but he hesitates. I brush his comment off. It was just the cold. What would he know.

"Your being weird. Why din't you chase after puddin'," I cocked an eyebrow and grinned, like he had a juicy secret, "Ya got a new plan or somethin'?"

"Something like that." And in one swift movement Batsy reaches for my wrist.

I pull my arm away and take three hops backwards, "Ha! Ya missed." I taunt Batsy and stick my tongue out.

I toss a piece of gum in my mouth and begin to skip in a large circle around Batsy. Taunting him. He just stands there watching my movement while staying in a fighting stance and observing.

Running would be the safe thing to do but that would be too boring~ I'll just do this a little while longer I promise myself. Wait. Why should I promise myself anything. Hmph yeah! Live in the moment Harley. No thinking! No restrictions! I say to myself in my head. Hakuna matata! ha! I pause; Wait. Shoot why am I talking to myself again. I promised I'd stop. There you go with the promises again a voice at the back says. Shut up all the voices say in unison. Frigging joe at the back with the peanut gallery. I roll my eyes. Exatly another voice chimes in. Agh what is wrong with my brain.

What was I doing again-- Right! Batman! I focus my attention back to the outside world and realize the wind is strong on the back of my legs and my butt. As if I'm swinging through the air butt-first.

Then I realize there is an arm on my back and a broad shoulder on my stomach, and I am swinging through the air butt first! Batman is carrying me and swinging somewhere!

Wait. When did this happen? I try to hit his back with my hands and realize they're tied together. How did I stay spaced out even when he did this. Whatever, I can still move them.

I pound on his back with my fists and scream, "Hey! I dun wanna go back to Arkham! Put me down!"

"I never said we were going there," Batman lands and puts me down on the nearest roof and and faces me away from him

"Where are we go-," I feel a cloth cover my mouth and nose, "-ing then"

"To the batcave"

And I drift into darkness

--

(visualisation for the next part is at the top of this chapter :))

When I awake I almost think I'm still dreaming. Morning light streams through thin drapes that cover 10 foot tall victorian windows. I am tucked between soft blankets, the mattress is a cloud, and my head lays on a silk pillow.

The room itself is huge and as I look around it I can't help but gasp. Just the vase on the nightstand looks about 1000 dollars. My mouth waters.

With all the luxury items in the room, puddin' and I could buy a beach mansion for vacations.

I wrap the blanket that lay closest to my skin around my shoulders to keep the warmth in, then use one on top to make a makeshift bag.

"Trick 'er treat!" I squeal and proceed on to pushing objects into my bag using my arm.

I pause when I realize the sweet smell in the air. I put my bag down and trace the smell to a medium sized table in the middle of the room.

My eyes take in the large tray on the middle of the table that looks like it just came out of a movie. It is so perfect.

There are apple strudels, butter cookies, cake, tiramisu, and so many other things.

I take a bite of the apple strudel and a teardrop drop rolls down my right cheek. It's too good. Joker doesn't make food like this.

Just as I'm about to take another bite, the large door swings open and Batman stands in the entryway with his hand on his leg, panting. His toned back moves back and forth and I realize how easy on the eyes his silhouette is.

<auther: I WAS SO HUNGRY WHEN I WAS WRITING THIS>