The Girl in St. Mungo's

The trees rustled softly as the winds whispered quietly around her

The trees rustled softly as the winds whispered quietly around her. The emerald-eyed woman bit back a groan as she clenched her eyes tightly together and tried to keep herself from falling back unconscious. Her head felt like someone was hammering it from the inside out and lights all colors of the spectrum blared into her eyesight. Everything felt like it was burningburningburning and emotions she didn't understand or comprehend swirled in her chest uncomfortably. Thoughts didn't come to the woman. All she could do was curl up into a tight ball and drown in the emotion that wrapped around her like a blanket of agony and rolled over her body like an ocean wave.

There was a thought in the back of her head, screaming at her to listen but it all just felt like white noise, incoherent sounds that meant nothing compared to the painangerdesperationheartbreak that has burrowed inside her gut and made her feel sick. The emerald-eyed woman could feel her magic—light, dark, grey—fighting the nonsensical numbness of something she couldn't describe like one's body would a virus.

Her scar felt like it was on fire and she could feel a warm liquid slowly dripping down her forehead. A churning in her stomach made her want to vomit but she tried her hardest to swallow down the bile in her throat. The woman took a shaky breath in and tried not to gag. A sob rose in her throat. It burned in her chest; so much exhaustion seeping into her bones that she couldn't even let it out.

"Help," She croaked desperately, agony searing her throat and chest whenever she breathed in. "Oh Merlin, somebody please help me. It hurts. It hurts. God, it hurts—" Rose Potter descended into sobs, her voice cracking as desperation made her magic swirl around her like a flare signaling into the sky. She gasped, trying to get air into her lungs when she heard the sound of footsteps.

Death Eaters. She thought, wild paranoia screaming at her to run, run, run, but Merlin, she couldn't. She was just too damn tired. Rose shrieked when someone lifted her, struggling helplessly as more hands grabbed at her and panicked voices filled her ringing ears.

Rose didn't remember what happened after that because soon, her blurry vision went black and she descended into another nightmare.

Fleamont and Euphemia Potter were conversing joyously with their son and his friends, Remus Lupin, Sirius Black, and Peter Pettigrew. In a few days, they'd be off to their last year of Hogwarts so James and the other Marauders would be spending the last week of summer at the ancient Potter Manor. The four of them would be starting Hogwarts on Thursday, and they were all celebrating them all going into their last year.

Sirius was complaining grandly of a pureblood gathering his parents had forced him to attend once upon a time when the owl from St. Mungo's had come. Fleamont looked up from his dinner, eyes furrowed in confusion as the owl landed and extended a claw with a letter in it. Euphemia frowned. "What could that be about?" She asked worriedly, watching her husband gingerly take the letter from the owl and feed it some of the food from his plate before flying off. He didn't answer, turning the letter over in his hands to read who it was addressed to.