1.

word count: 2

word count: 2.6k
warnings: none
read in dark mode for a better experience

anxiety bubbled inside of you as the train got more and more closer to the station

anxiety bubbled inside of you as the train got more and more closer to the station. you knew you were already in tokyo by the vibrant colors and high rise buildings. you've seen the beautiful city in many shows you watched back home; it was quite the aesthetic and many people dreamed of visiting the tourist attraction. you've always wanted to visit japan since you were infatuated with the culture but you'd never expect to visit japan under the circumstances you were in.

at the age of six, you were exposed to cursed objects because of your grandmother. she was your caretaker, always been. these cursed objects were a part of the voodoo religion she practised, you were exposed to artifacts that have been passed down for generations to come. you grew up in her footsteps, practising various curses and spells, you name it. at the age of twelve you knew how to transfer cursed energy into various objects and people. just recently on your 15th birthday your grandmother had revealed to you that you were born with cursed energy, meaning you had your very own innate technique.

of course every "heroine" has their "awakening" but you didn't, not quite yet. you were a late bloomer, when you were six years old your innate technique should've already been in effect.. that is until it wasn't. once your grandmother realized this she thought it would be good to expose you to curses and things of the sort to help jumpstart your innate technique. you still didn't know what your innate technique was nor did you have a clue how to use it and now that brings us back to the current time; you being sent off to japan after being scouted by a school in god knows where to help you with your shortcomings.

your throat felt heavy as the train came to a stop whilst the conductor announced your destination. you'd been homeschooled all your life and now you were suddenly going to be around other people that weren't your grandmother. it was nerve wracking but you knew you had to suck it up. you weren't coming from the other side of the world to make friends, you were there for the sole purpose of becoming stronger and mastering your innate technique. nothing more, nothing less.

you grabbed your belongings and hauled your suitcase out of the train. you started looking for the place they had told you to meet up at, looking out for someone dressed in the same uniform you were wearing. if you were being honest you felt a little out of place as you received confused and curious stares. however, you slowly started to realize they weren't only staring at your attire but burning holes into your face. you've heard countless stories of people of your race visiting japan and being treated as a tourist attraction as well as not being so welcomed with open arms.