X

Elanor's head was pounding. If she was being completely honest, she couldn't fully remember the events of the night before. She did know that she had a great time though. She remembered dancing with Kate, hardly seeing Jasper, and unfortunately for her...almost kissing Sirius Black. The memory of that had wrenched her out of her sleep that morning, causing her to bolt up and her stomach to churn. Emma was snoring, the rest of the girls passed out in various positions on their beds.

Elanor had thrown her hair up into a ponytail and grabbed a pair of loose sweatpants and a cropped Slytherin shirt. She had pulled her comforter around her and dragged her feet down the stairs towards the common room, hoping to find Emma or Jasper there. Lucky for her, there they sat. Jasper scooted over to the side of the green velvet couch when he saw her, making sure there was room for her to curl up next to him, which she did.

She pulled her legs up, wrapping her arms around them and resting her head on the arm of the couch. Kate rolled her eyes, not as oblivious to Jasper's feelings as Elanor. "Good morning, sunshine", Kate smirked. Elanor looked up and rolled her eyes, "Morning. Great party right, at least the parts I remember".

Jasper laughed, "Me too. After my 4th cup of snake venom, everything goes blurry". Kate rolled her eyes again, "You two are lightweights". Elanor shrugged, "I accept it. This hangover is the worst though". Jasper nodded in agreement. "Any fun stories from you two?", Elanor let out with a yawn, "I didn't see you all night, Jas".

He smiled at her, "Yeah, I was with the guys". Kate shook her head, "Nothing crazy, I still had fun though". Elanor sat up, dying to say what she had been thinking about all morning. "You guys will never guess who I almost kissed", she let out. Jasper stiffened beside her. "Who?", Kate said in a steady voice. "Black", Elanor giggled. Jasper's eyes narrowed, "I'm gonna kill Regulus". Elanor hit him, "Not Regulus. Sirius".

Kate's eyebrows raised. "That Gryffindor? What was he even doing there", Jasper let out, his teeth clenched. "Yeah", Elanor snorted, "It was crazy, we actually ran into each other before. He followed me to the party I guess". She purposefully omitted the fight she had witnessed. "So do you like...like him or something?", Jasper asked, trying to sound casual. "Of course she doesn't", Kate cut in.

Elanor felt herself blush slightly, yes of course she didn't. "We were incredibly drunk", she shrugged, "I hardly remember it and I'm sure he doesn't". Jasper relaxed a little. That's all it was, a drunken mistake. Elanor couldn't remember the details, but what she did know was how badly she had wanted to kiss him and if Charity hadn't burst him, how she would have.

There was no use thinking about it. She wasn't even friends with Sirius. In fact, she really didn't like him at all. "So what's the plan for today", Kate said, desperate to change the subject, sensing that Jasper might break at any moment. "Drink water, lots of water", laughed Elanor, "Then meet up with Jude I think". Usually on Saturdays Elanor and Jude would meet up and talk about their weeks.

Jude knew she did this to make sure everything was okay and that the other kids weren't being mean to him, but he appreciated it nonetheless. Elanor knew that Jude most likely didn't need her anymore, but she couldn't help herself. She knew that he was becoming grown up and could fully take care of himself, and it was her having trouble letting go, not him.

Elanor glanced up at the twisted clock in the corner of the common room. The hands were silver serpents, hissing on every hour. It was almost noon, and Elanor realized she had severely overslept. "I'm going to grab some food", she said, standing and stretching. She made her way out of the common room, leaving Kate and Jasper in silence.

Jasper let his shoulder's slump. "You have to tell her", Kate said, raising her eyebrows. "I don't know what you're talking about", grumbled Jasper. Of course Kate knew, he thought angrily to himself. Everyone knew except for bloody Elanor. "She doesn't like me like that", Jasper let out, a pang in his chest. "You don't know that", Kate said, softening her voice. She moved so she was next to him on the couch. He looked at her, his hard face becoming soft. "Yeah, yeah", he breathed out. "Want to play chess?", grinned Kate. Jasper nodded and the pair moved over to beside the fire, their forms illuminated by the glowing flames.