chapter 13 :sabiqa left us broken

Sunday ,June 13, 2021.

It was one of those days when Darusalam experienced high tides . The not so loving stranger has appeared painting everyone white and butchering their lips as though they were chopped kibabs over a barbecue. Harmattan is a neighbor everyone dreaded in Darusalam . On one hand is aunty jami trying her possible best to treat flu and the other hand is a helpless sabiqa who has been battling with the weather to survive. She is a sickle cell patient and the sudden change in weather has distorted her normalcy.

Her friends have been on her beck and call to make sure she was comfortable enough. This made her happy because she felt she belonged to a beautiful family. Being a sickle cell patient came with it minuses but who are we to judge the ways of fate .

For one or two reasons Sabiqa felt something good was coming her way soon . She knows it's far away from meeting her parents because she was the most miserable lump they had to discard . She doesn't know what that is but she has a feeling Allah shall restore her and she shall be free forever .

Sabiqa:Ladies ! Can I have your attention , since today is Thursday ,i suggest we have a sleepover so we all sleep on a good note and wake up with vibrance tomorrow , the best day of the week .

Nuur : look who is talking , i am sure we will all love to but are you sure about this ?

Ray : Nuur is right , your feet hurts no more ?

I am fine guys ...

Spin the bottle !!!!!
Yaayyyy

Sabiqa :Before anything else i want to ask you all a question

Amina : go ahead

Sabiqa: what reminds you of me ?

Ray : the fact there is a little creature that resides in the same room as me whose heart is pure and big enough to accommodate everyone , yh

Nuur : the girl who equally has a dark story but offers a shoulder to us all ...

Amina : the beautiful dove i can never take my eyes off because she carries her pain so beautifully to the extent that i feel jealous sometimes

Sabiqa: and you are all amazing souls and i wish to meet you all in Jannah.

In shaa ALLAH they all chorused...

The ladies spent the night having hearty conversations about their interests and the like until silence consumed Daru Salam pushing them into their various rooms because Congestion would only increase the rate of flu cases.

As Rayan tucked Sabiqa in bed , she read the evening azkhar with her and prayed for her Friend to get better soon. Immediately Rayan turned to leave , Sabiqa held her hand and patted the space beside her . Rayan followed suit and gave a questionable look.

Sabiqa : do you remember the day you asked for the story i was writing?

Ray : oh yes , what about it ?

Sabiqa : it's not a work of fiction though , it's about my journey to freedom and i want you to have it .

Ray : but why ? You can always complete it , i am not in a rush actually and don't mind my antics okay...

Sabiqa : shush.., can you just shut up and listen to me for once ? I want you to complete this story together with the girls , my best wishes are always with you and i am not even going anywhere , i just feel i am not writing as much as I should . Just keep it , no ifs or but , it's a gift !