Uno: The Start Of Something Beautiful, Mai

Mai huffs, sweat dripping down her body. Her kimono fully drenched. She's on the verge of passing out but it's not like her father would let her. They were almost done with their training session. Mai stares at the tree in anger, swinging her sword against the bark of the tree, trying to cut it down.

The 12 year old girl had heart, Kofi Abara, her father pats her head. Smiling at the progress, a month ago she couldn't even pick up a sword without crying.

"You're so strong Mai, look at you!" She sheathes her sword, smiling brightly at her papa. "You'll be the strongest in the world, isn't that right? My little princess," he wraps his arms her, fake crying. She had been growing so fast, it hurt him in a sense but a part of Kofi was proud. Proud to be a father of this strong, beautiful girl.

"Eww papa, you stink," she hugged him back, holding her breath so she wouldn't smell his must. She was still eager to train, after all, it was him who taught her how to push herself beyond her limits. "When will we train in the mountains? You said we would take mama, sister Aya, and big brother Kaname?"

"No," Kofi's voice deepened, letting his little girl know he was serious, "there's dangerous things in that mountain, remember the story of the dragon—" his own daughter cut him off, impatient with him. She was beyond irritated at this silly myth of the dragon. Nothing but a superstition that others in the nearby village spouted.

"But those don't exist papa," the brown-skinned girl frowned, tired of her father repeating that childhood tale. "You promised we could train in the mountains months ago & that we'd defeat the dragon." She pouts, taking her curly hair out of a ponytail. The curls falling down in front of her face.

"Mai," he grabbed his daughter's shoulders, making her look at him in anger. He was fed up with her back talk, why couldn't she just accept the fact that he was telling the truth. "I said no, now let's go, we're going home."

She sighed, following behind her father with her jaw clenched. Her eyes looking at the mountain ahead of them. A certain fog surrounding it, almost captivating Mai, what could those mountains possibly be hiding?

She places her hands on her head, wondering why her father, a fierce and strong man was so scared of those mountains. After all, dragons don't exist.

They simply can't.

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

"Mai, come eat! I made your favorite meal," Mai's mother called out, seeing her daughter sit on the couch, obviously wanting to be unbothered. Mai buries her head into her knees, still thinking about those damned mountains.

"Mhmmit pastes swo gooood," Aya, Mai's little sister stuffs her mouth with more food while their mom hit Aya on top of her head

"What did I say about talking with food in your mouth Aya?" An irk mark appeared on their mom's forehead while Aya began to swallow her food all at once. Mai's brother, Kaname began to laugh at the site of Aya and their mom arguing.