Log 1: Darius

DARIUS POV (on video)

So, I'm holding this camera, Brooklynn found another one while we were looking for food. She wants us to make "video logs". I'm not opposed to doing it, but I don't understand why she couldn't do a demonstration, first.

How are things going today? Well, if you consider starving for a steady rate of four days at a time alright, then yeah. I try to focus on the positive, like Ben survived and we're all together--!

(Camera turns toward commotion that interrupts Darius.)

Brooklynn: You asshole!

Kenji: Me, the asshole?

(The camera gets turned back to Darius' unimpressed, annoyed expression. He sighs and rubs his eyes.)

Darius: (pinches brow, head down) And...we all drive each other insane.

Brooklynn: Why the hell does Darius keep saving you with how you treat him?!

Kenji: What are you talking about, Brooklynn?

Brooklynn: I think you know. The only reason we haven't left your ass to be eaten is because of Darius continually reminding us that we're better than that!

Darius: (to camera; sighs) Duty calls. (walks over to the pair) Enough!

(Ben is holding the camera and he follows Darius throughout filming.)

Both: (snap heads toward him)

Darius: Look, I don't like our situation any more than you two, but we have to make the best of it and work TOGETHER! I know we've been spending every millisecond of every day together, but that's just the way things are. Now, we have a common goal, okay? To find food. I know we're trying to find a way home, but surviving to get there comes first, alright?

Both: (groan) Fine, we're sorry.

Yaz: (in the background) You sure you can keep your testosterone in check long enough?

Kenji: Says the one who's started the most fights!

Darius: GUYS! PLEASE, FOCUS!

Yaz: (walking onto camera) Darius is right. I've tried to channel my own to provide for everyone, but we can fight after we find something to eat.

Darius: (exasperated groan; to camera) Welcome to Camp Cretaceous, everybody. Tell your friends. (continues to search)

Ben: (follows him; behind camera) Don't worry, Darius, I'm already working up rough drafts for my scathing review when we get home.

Brooklynn: (puts hands up) We're wasting time. Though, Ben is right, for my Unboxing video, I will fucking tear up this place.

Kenji: True that. Hopefully, my dad will agree to at least cut back on their funds.

Sammy: (perks up) The only positive thing about this is that we got to meet each other, right, Camp Fam?

Darius: Sammy is right, guys. We may be alone, but we're alone together, right?

(They enter an outdoor supply shop and stay in the lobby for a minute. Ben continues filming.)

Ben: What do we need here, Darius?

Darius: We may find snacks that the dinosaurs wouldn't eat and if we ration, it'll last us a day...I hope. Besides, we need tents and sleeping bags. I asked Yaz to draw blueprints for ledges higher up. It'll give us a better vantage point, give us a break from each other if we get enough, especially during...that time.

Brooklynn: What, you don't trust us?

Darius: I didn't say that. All, I'm saying is that we don't need any reason to distrust each other. If you get...those instincts, that could have effects on how well we work together to survive. I trust you all, just not...

Yaz: We understand, Darius.

Kenji: Not all of us, could someone explain it to me?!

Darius: (rolls eyes) Let's split up.

(They do and start looking.)

End Log 1