𝐁𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬

(Warning: mention of abuse)

I sat next to JJ on my bed as we both scrolled through our phones. His arm wrapped around my shoulder as I lean my head into the crook of his neck. He had decided to come stay with me for today and tomorrow just because. Well that's what he said. I check the time on my phone to see 1:48 A.M.

"We better go to bed," I tell JJ as I sit back up and lay my head on his shoulder. "Hmm?" He looks away from his phone and at me.

"I said we better go to bed," I repeat as I look back up at him. Suddenly, I notice a couple of marks on his neck. I furrow my eyebrows as I move his head in the opposite direction so that I could see his neck better.

"Did someone try to choke you?" I questioned softly as I gently rub my thumb over the mark that looked kinda like a handprint.

No, it's fine," JJ pushes me away. "Did Rafe or Topper do this?" I ask.

"No, It's fine. Don't worry about it," He turns off his phone and lays it to the side as he runs a hand through his hair.

"JJ, if something is going on then-""Nothing is going on!" He interrupt, raising his voice at me. "Let's go to sleep."

"Okay," I utter, not wanting to make him anger if he wasn't already. I plug up our phones as he turns off the lamp on my nightstand then he scoots down so that he was laying down.

I put my left leg over his and lay my head on his abdomen causing him to wince and squeezed his eyes closed. I lift my head up and look up at him with worried eyes. I reach over and turn on the light.

"What?" He murmurs.

I grab the bottom of his shirt to pull it up but he stops me by taking my hand and interlocking it with his.

"Babe," I whisper.

"Yes?" He replies.

"Lift up your shirt, please," I insist.

He bites the inside of his cheek before looking at me with his deep blue eyes. He sighs before pulling his shirt off revealing big purple bruises the littered his abdomen. There was at least four or five.

"Oh baby," I sooth, my voice barely audible.  "Rafe and Topper didn't do this, did they?"

"No," His voice cracks as his eyes start to tear up.

"Who did?" I question softly, rubbing circle eights around the bruises, careful not to touch them cause I was afraid to hurt him even the slightest.

"Umm.....my d-dad," He tells me with the most broken and hurt look I've  ever seen. I almost didn't believe it at first. My heart instantly broke for the boy I loved dearly. Tears slowly rolled down his face as I felt a tear of my own fall off my face. He never mentioned anything about his father before? Did this just start happening?

"JJ," I caress both his cheeks with my hands as I sweetly kiss his lips, his tears hitting my face. After I pulled away I looked back down at the bruises. It hurt me to see them. To know that he had be beaten. There no way he deserved this.

"Why'd he do this?" I ask.

"I dunno. He was drunk," JJ abruptly says.

"How long has this be going on?" I question as he sits up and I sit next to him with my hand intertwined with his.

"Since mom left when I was five," JJ says. My heart sank into my chest. Since he was five? I've only know him for about a year but I never noticed this until now? What kind of girlfriend am I?

"I'm so sorry. If I had known sooner I-" "It's okay," He cuts me off. "I'm fine. It's nothing that hasn't happened before,"

"JJ," I cooed.

"No stop," JJ pushes me away once again. "Stop crying."

I realized I had been crying this whole time along with him. But why was he pushing me away?

"Don't push me away, JJ," I commanded, scooting back to him and ruffling his hair cause I knew it calmed him.

"No, don't get involved in my shit, okay?" JJ raises his voice. My touch was clearly not calming him down. "J-just....just leave me alone, alright?"

JJ pushes my hands off him as he stood up and walked out the door, shutting it behind him. I scrambled to my feet and walked out of the door, following him down the hallway. "JJ, let me help you!" I yell after him.

"No I don't need your help. I'm better off on my own" He says with his back still facing me as he headed toward the door. I ran to him and grabbed his arm stopping him.

"Don't go," I beg. "Please."

"I know you don't want to deal with this bullshit, Y/N,"JJ states turning to face me.

"Your bullshit is my bullshit," I tell him.
"And I can help you with this bullshit."

JJ sighed before picking me up by my thighs making me wrap my legs around his torso. He kissed my lips softly and passionately before pulling away. "How about we go to sleep instead of dealing with this bullshit?" He questioned.

"How about we stop using the word bullshit?"

"Sound like a plan"

Word count: 910