Consequences

Forty Minutes Before:

Kai's head rested against the wall behind him, a small whine escaping between his lips. He had been throwing his body against the door again. Using the last of his strength to get the dang barrier to open.

He had been trying for almost half an hour. After he had put on the clothing that was left for him, he immediately started to bang furniture into the stubborn piece of wood. After that didn't work he began using his body.

He stood up to try again only to hear the sound of a key turning. The door opened. Kai was exhausted, and in no condition to fight but if it meant escaping he would do anything. He was ready to barrel down whoever it was. 

On the other side of the door was a woman wearing a guard uniform. Kai has never seen her before, but when she saw him she called out his name with a smile. 

"Who are you?" He asked. His plan to attack her temporarily put to the side. 

"What? You don't recognize me?" She said slyly. Kai narrowed his eyes.

"No." He said coldly. The strange woman rolled her eyes. Kai stepped backward. Her appearance was changing!

"How about now?" There in all of the glory of a master of Ember stood Skyler. Kai could have cried.

"No way!" He said, pure relief filling him. "How are you here?" 

"Duh, I'm the master of Ember. I can look like anyone. The more important question is are you okay?" Kai paused, memories he would die to get rid of filling his head.

"I'm fine." He said. Skyler eyed him. 

"I guess I will know when we get out of here and back to the monastery. Lets go." She made a move to grab for his hand. Kai pulled back. Though he really didn't want to be touched right now, like not what so ever, that wasn't the reason he pulled back.

"We can't leave. The others are still here." He said. He gave her his most determined look. 

"We know, the other elemental masters are here to help, but It's my job to rescue you." Skyler said. Kai shook his head.

"I won't leave here without them. Ninja never leave another ninja behind." he recited. Skyler didn't seem convinced. "Family never leave family behind. So you can either help me, or..." He let the sentence sit. The mistress of noodles sighed.

"Fine. But before we go, I need to know." Kai dreaded the rest of he question. "What in the first spinjitzu master are you wearing." He could have laughed. All that came from him was a snort, but to his ears it sounded like a sob. 

"I don't even know." He answered. 

Other Ninja: 

"So decide wisely." The king finished. Lloyd glared at him.

"Can we have time to think about it?" He asked, he gave the fakest but most angriest smile.

"Yes, but if we find the Chosen before you, it won't look pretty." The king than walked away, leaving them. The ninja  started talking as soon as he was out of ear shot.

"This smells like a trap." Cole said.

"I agree with Cole, this seems suspicious." Zane said nodding. 

"But it gives us the perfect chance to get Kai and escape. If we find him first we can use the closest window to get away. They won't even know we're gone until it's too late." Lloyd said. 

"You want us to jump out a window?" Jay asked. Lloyd nodded. "Right, of course. Why not?" Jay muttered sarcastically.

"That may be falling straight into his trap." Zane said.