Chapter 13

MAY'S P.O.V

"Babe, you gotta wear this.  Now." 

I rushed to follow Connor running here and there because this guy seriously might have some worms inside his body.  Couldn't stop for a second.  I swear.  I once blinked my eyes, he already ran after Toby because some sweets.  Next time I went to the bathroom, he said he fell off the stage while sound-checking.  Gosh I need a break.  I supposed to be the crew for this tour, yet I ended up being Connor's baby sitter.

"Not noooow!"  He stick his tongue at me.

"Now please.  You have no time to get ready later.  Show is about to start."  I groaned inside.  You, try to speak with Connor while he's running like kid.

"Maaaaay I love youuuuu!"  Suddenly he grabbed a microphone and started screaming.

"Eww.  Go away.  Don't be a pain in the..."  Riley stuttered.  "Never mind."

"What.  You want to say 'ass', right?  I'm telling Mom."  Connor pouted.

"Wrong judgement."  Riley waved his hand.  "I just swallowed my words back."

"Can you actually swallow words?"  Then Toby joined this non sense conversation.

"Guys guys stop it.  Please, come on, get ready.  Riley, you go shower please.  Everybody's lining up for the bathroom.  Toby, stop eating.  Don't get too high.  And babe, don't run anymore."  I pointed my fingers.

"Toby, don't eat mine."  Riley noted to his brother.

"What."  He stick his tongue.

"Welcome to my life..."  James showed up from behind me and chuckled.

"I might lose my whole weight trying to get them together."  I sighed.

"Try to eat more.  It might work."  He put his hand on my shoulder.  "But thank you for being such a great companion to Connor."

"Oh...haha thank you James.  I don't know if I'm worthy but I like it being here."  I nodded.

"No, of course you are.  Connor has been talking about you.  I'm glad he finds his way."  James winked.

"And...we're still talking about this?"  I blushed.  "Stop it."

"Alright, alright."  He smirked, leaving me alone in the green room.

I looked around.  This venue is pretty cool.  We have a medium large of green room as their dressing room.  Drums kit has been applied on stage, alongside with the guitars bass and keyboard.  Everything has set up.  Some crowd has also made a line outside.  Gate will be opened in 1 hour.  And you tell me, I'm too nervous.

"Are we ready?"  I whispered to Juliet.

"We have to."  She smiled.  "Oh, Massimo called me earlier.  He said hello and good luck."

"Hello to him too."  I murmured.

"Boss, come on.  This is what you do for a living.  We'd been doing way bigger scale of shows.  This should be easy.  Keith and Sebastian are amazing too.  I know we'll nail it."  Juliet gave me a hug.

"Gosh I really love you Jules."  I hugged her back.  "I'm just nervous..."

"Because he's your boyfriend now?"  She asked slowly.

"That."  I nodded.  "I'm scared for any lackness and imperfection."

"Trust me.  We're doing great."  She winked.

"Thank you..."

The conversation was cut by Connor's footsteps.  So Juliet immediately left us alone.  Gah, this is awkward.  First, Connor's changing his tee in front of me.  Wow we're just dating for 24 hours.  I should loosen up because apparently nothinh could ever bother him.  Second, it's his sharp eyes.  I can't stand to stare those blue eyes longer than 5 seconds.  They're amazing.

"You know...how lucky I am to call you mine?"  Connor suddenly walked up to me and wrapped me inside his arms.

"No."  I giggled.  "I'm luckier."

"No that would be me.  Still can't believe that you're mine.  It's just so fast.  I was having million guts to not asking you out.  But then, I might have lost you if I didn't do that."  He whispered.

"So thank you for asking, and choosing me.  Among all others..."

"Shush."

He stopped my words by kissing my lips.  Our hands started intertwining each other before he wrapped my waist closer.  We haven't had any moment like this.  All day, the guys and crew were with us.  And to remind you that it's only 24 hours since I said yes to him, you might call that this is our first real kiss.

"I like you."  He kissed my nose.

"I like you too."  I shut my eyes.

"We should get married and have many kids."  Connor chuckled.

"That, mister, is another kind of conversation."  I laughed loudly.  "Now you have to do show."

"Right..."  Connor pouted.  "But you'll be here when I get back, right?"

"That's not even a question.  I'm in charged, remember?"  I messed his hair.  "Go."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"I love you most."

I waved at him as he left for backstage.  The guys were there, ready to do warm ups and little workout before the show.  Another 15 minutes before they hit the stage.  I saw Anthony and James walked inside and out the green room to check if they need anything else before the time.  Juliet and Mandana have joined me in this room. 

"Nervous enough?"  Mandana whispered.

"Oh don't ask.  It's all over my head."  I sighed.  "First is always the hardest."

"They will do great.  Come on guys, am I the only positive person here?"  Juliet glared us.

"Alright okay I'm trying."  I bit my nails.  "But my stomach is going upside down."

"What it feels like to be a human again."  Mandana smirked sarcastically.

Finally, time's up.  Thomas and Ryan have cheered the crowd.  A minute later, these three dudes joined up.  Seriously I'm on my highest anxiety right now.  The stage, we decored it.  I don't know if the crowd loved it or not.  The footage for Massimo, I gave it all in Sebastian's hands.  As much as I know he will do his best, I wish there were two Mays. 

"Uhm...  May, we got a situation."  Mandana shook my hand.

"Hmm?"  I looked at her.

"Massimo's calling."  She gave her phone to me.

I immediately took the phone and found a quiet spot to answer him.  "Yes Massimo, it's me."

"Darling, I'm sorry I have to say.  You will not leave for next venue.  You stay.  Only Sebastian, Juliet, and Keith will."

He said it too fast, too unclear.  But I just knew, that there'll be no more time for me and Connor along the way.  He'll be alone and I'll stay back home in Nashville.  Life does suck.

"But...why..."  I stuttered.

"Another project is waiting, honey.  You know Union J?  I got the contract.  They will be performing the US show."  Massimo explained.

"Can't you give it...to..."

"To whom?  We only have you, May.  I can't give the prep to somebody else.  You know that."

"I...really wish I could go...with BYE..."  I started tearing up.  They were singing Soldier at the same time.

"Go home.  Okay?  I send you a driver to drive you home.  He supposed to be there in maximum 5."  Massimo ended the discussion.  "Meet me tomorrow at 10."

"Boss...  I...please, please..."  I stuttered.  I once wanted to argue but Massimo would say our work is the first important thing, more than anything.

"Good night, May."

I hate myself.  I turned around and saw Connor jumping around the stage happily, excitedly.  I'm still not sure how much he loves me.  But above all that, I promised him like 10 minutes ago, that I will be here when he's done.  Now what?  A single call, and a driver to go back home?