17

After that incident, Mina became closed-off again. The girls were worried since the last time this happened was during the Sixteen era but that was because they were still trainees so they saw each other as competitions. As soon as they got into TWICE, Mina started opening herself to them to which the girls gladly accepted with open arms. But it was different now, she would often just be seen playing Minecraft on her phone or be out to hang-out with her bestfriend.

"I'm off. I'll be eating out" Mina announced as she put on her shoes and went out the door. 

Jihyo was worried. She didn't want Mina to be like this especially since their contract was ending soon. It was just a matter of a few months and the girls would go back to their own lives. 

"Take care" She called after the younger girl who had already exited the door. She then turned to Nayeon who was sitting on the couch.

"Whatever you did, you better fix it." Jihyo sternly said.

At the first few weeks that Mina had been quiet, Nayeon didn't mind it. After all, she was still mad at the younger woman but a month passed and Nayeon started becoming worried. 

"Listen, I doubt she'd talk to me anymore" Nayeon muttered, feeling defeated that Mina wouldn't talk to her after all she tried. In fact, Mina didn't talk to anyone except Chuu and Sana on some instances.

"I don't care" Jihyo was already pushed to her limit. She just wanted all of them to end their contracts on a good note, not like this. She had also tried speaking with Mina but Mina wouldn't allow a conversation between them ensue. It would just be a couple short responses and nothing more. "I know this has something to do with you so I hope you can fix this before the contract ends" Jihyo walked away.

Nayeon groaned as she threw her head in her hands. She wanted to give up but she remembered Mina's pleas that night. She had also remembered what happened after she went away to go on a walk.

"Sana stop following me." Nayeon groaned. She turned around to face her younger member who had been following her all the way to the park.

Sana didn't respond, instead she just dragged her unnie to the nearest park bench. Luckily it was still 12am so there weren't much people at the park except for a cop roaming around and a few people.

"You know you're stupid" Sana didn't care that she was being blunt right now. If being blunt was what could knock some sense into the older woman, then she will willingly do it. 

Nayeon quirked an eyebrow at the younger woman. "What did you just ca-"

"Mina loves you so much and yet you just fucking ditch her." She was beyond upset at what Nayeon had did to her close friend. "

"Shut up, it's not like you and her aren't chatting and flirting."

"Because we aren't!" Sana let out and exasperated sigh. 

"You're lying, you're all ly-"

"Chuu and I have been dating for a month"

"What?! Why didn't you tell me this?"

"No, we aren't actually. I just said that to make you shut up" Sana grinned to herself when she had successfully made the older woman shut her mouth. "What Mina has been saying is true."

"Then why didn't she just tell me" Nayeon slumped over the bench. 

"Haven't you ever thought that maybe Mina was scared"

"Scared of?"

"Scared of how you'll react. It's the same thing with her bestfriend, that's why Chuu hadn't told me up until a few weeks ago that she and Mina use that account to chat with us anonymously."