CHAPTER 19

Days passed since Olivia and Lance had the conversation over the phone. Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into a month, and a month turned into two.

She had done updates on social media sure, but interviews? Cancelled. Press conferences? Cancelled. Talk show appearances? Cancelled. Basically she had taken a break from the public eye, which was very much unlike her. Olivia loved the spotlight, she loved the interactions she had with people, but her privacy was at an all time high, which people noticed of course. Her being an a-list celebrity and all that.

By now, the public started to take notice of Olivia's absence. Articles were published, rumours were flying, and nobody knew exactly what was going on. Nobody except Kelly, Jason, Daniel and of course Lance.

Since Olivia's tour was over anyway, Kelly had followed her to Montreal and was staying with her parents in their family home, and Jason was apparently somewhere in Miami working on some project that Olivia couldn't be bothered about.

At this point the Canadian Grand Prix was right around the corner, and the entire Canadian F1 community was buzzing with excitement.

Lance however, (Who at the moment was pacing in his hotel room.) was more nervous than excited. He was planning on asking Olivia to go with him to the race, but he wasn't sure about what she would say, or... heck he wasn't even sure if she would say yes.

But it was just Olivia. He was just asking her as a friend... Or was he? I mean... that's what she saw him as. Not that he was very happy about it but that wasn't the point.

It was four days until the race. Should he text her? Nah, he was already in Montreal. It would be better to go see her. But would she want him there?

"Honestly Lance just go see her already." Said Kate, who at the moment was on her laptop finalizing Lance's schedule for the coming weekend.

"Huh?" She rolled her eyes. "Olivia. Your phone has been on her number for the past ten minutes, and you've been staring at your car keys for the past five." She said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Lance sighed. "But what if-" "What if nothing Lance. You're going to go see her, and ask her to the race, or I will give you as many interviews as humanly possible for the rest of the season." She said.

Lance gulped. "Yes ma'am." He said, knowing what Kate had told wasn't an idle threat. He walked to the door, grabbing his jacket and car keys on the way.

"Oh and Lance" He looked over his shoulder. "You can do this. Go get your girl." He smiled. "Thanks Kate." And with that, he went out the door to go to Olivia's house.

Speaking of Olivia, at the moment she was in her room with Kelly trying to convince her to not do what she was thinking. What was she about to do? Well her blue hair had faded out now, and she was thinking of dying her hair another colour.

"Via, give me one good reason why this is a good idea." "Oh it's not." She responded. "It's probably going to damage my hair, my stylist is going to kill me, and I don't even know what colour to dye it, but it's my only healthy coping mechanism other than writing a song."

"Well write a song then."

"I'm not writing a song about my sister being in a coma."

"Well why not?"

"I don't want to be sad."

"Oh for christ's sake you can't outrun your emotions forever."

"Just watch me Kels. I've been doing it since I was thirteen I'm practically an expert at it."

The blonde girl sighed. "Remind me why I'm friends with you again?"

Olivia let out a dramatic gasp. "Wow Kelly I helped you with your middle school algebra homework, I'm hurt."

"Olivia, sweetheart!" their 'argument' was interrupted by Olivia's mom calling her from down the stairs. "Honey someone's here for you."

Kelly looked at Olivia in confusion. "Are you expecting someone?" Olivia shook her head. "No actually..." she said.

She got up, and went out of her room to see who was there. From the tone of her mother's voice, she could tell she was happy to see whoever it was.

She heard a laugh. His laugh.

A smile crept on her face. Her pace quickened as she walked to the living room. Stopping by the mirror, she gave herself a once-over to look at her appearance. "Meh good enough." She muttered under her breath.

She inhaled deeply. 'It's just Lance. I can do this.' She thought to herself.

She went down the final steps, and saw him in conversation with her mother. It almost reminded her of how he used to frequently come over when they were kids.

And then his eyes met hers, and boy did it make her melt.

Butterflies erupted in her stomach, and her heart started pounding in her chest. He smiled at her and parted his lips to speak.

"Hey."

His voice. His voice was music to her ears. It was like the harmony of a hundred Nightingales singing, and much better than any melody she could ever write.

She opened her mouth. She was so infatuated with him that she could only let out one word.

"Hey."

A/N: Hey guys! Here's chapter 19. Sorry if it's a bit short, but the next one will be up hopefully by Wednesday next week, and the chapter after that next Saturday. (Hopefully)

also, OMFG THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 2.1K READS!!! TO BE HONEST THIS IS WAY MORE THAN I COULD HAVE ASKED FOR SO SERIOUSLY THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!