Chapter 39: History repeats

Murat's POV

The next morning I woke up with a huge smile on my face just the realization that the girl I loved more than anything in the world is finally mine forever just excited me very much. I got out of the bed and walked into the kitchen to see my beautiful wife standing in the kitchen wearing her wedding chudas and mangal sutra and still dancing to her favorite song as she waited for the milk to boil. I laughed at her antics as I joined her she giggled as I swirled her around.

"This is the best morning of my life" I said as we danced in the kitchen.

"Ya ya why not you promised to make the morning coffee for me still I am in the kitchen early morning"

"Areey I fell asleep and that's because you tired me out last night"

"Ya right" She said rolling her eyes.

"Okay let me make it up to you let's finish dinner and go out for some site seeing then I can take you out for lunch we could go to the beach watch the sunset and then when we get back home I will cook you a romantic dinner"

"Wow Mr. Murat is getting extra romantic today but sorry to burst your bubble Romeo we have to go meet my dad today"

"But why yaar?" I asked as she parted to continue making breakfast.

"We eloped on my wedding night I wanna go and explain everything to him, he is my family after all and I hate the fact that I literally just abandoned them"

I sensed her getting upset so I went and hugged her from behind.

"Okay let's go and I am sure he will understand us" I said kissing her cheeks and instantly her cute dimples popped up again.

"And I have to go to work after that too" She said.

"Can't you take a day off?"

"Sorry it's urgent"

"Okay fine you go and when you get back we can have our dinner date at home"

"Agreed" she said kissing me on the cheeks.

***

Anusha's POV

I anxiously bite my nails wondering what on earth is in store for me as I stood outside the gate of my Dad's home.

"Are you sure that we have to do this?" Murat asked sensing my nervousness. I press my lips into a smile. How can I ever get enough of loving this man?

"Yes we have to do this. I can't spend the rest of my life being an escapist" I push open the gate and walk in with my fingers laced with his.

I tap my knuckle on the door. Twice.

"Bhai" I gasp as my brother opens the door. His eyes widen in shock.

"You.." He gritted his teeth.

"Please let me speak" I resonate.

"There is nothing to speak here."

"Who's here beta.." Words trail off my mother's lips as her eyes fall on me. She minutely scrutinizes my post wedding look. I gulp in nervousness.

"Why is she here?" My mother turns to my brother.

"Maa please let me speak.."

"There is nothing to speak you bitch. Don't you get it. Just get the fuck out of our house.."

"Language man" Murat clenches his jaw. "Watch your words as you talk to my wife."

I smile. He could sound cold as well. Courtesy his love for me.

"Who the fuck are you man?"

"Anusha's husband"

"And before she was your wife, she was the daughter of this household.." My father walks in. "But guess what she has been a failure in that. She ran away from her wedding which proves how incompetent she would be as a wife.."

My eyes almost well up.

I see their pupils dilate in shock.

"Murat you needn't.."

"I do need too Anusha. Just because they don't value you much as a daughter, it doesn't mean I could allow them to disrespect you as a person"

"Oh so you will teach us, how we need to talk to our daughter?" My mother grits her teeth.

"No Maa that's not what he means" I plead. "He just wants to make sure that I don't shed tears.."

My parents exchange fugitive glances.

"Maa-Baba. You have always wanted a partner who looks after your little girl and makes her the happiest in the world. If I had tried to explain this to you, you would never have seen things that you can see now.."

"Bhai. Murat really loves me. And you all can see that now"

"I am not participating in this anymore" He shrugs and leaves.

My mother glances at our clasped hands.

"Would you like to have tea?" Maa asks Murat to which he and I stand stupefied.

"Yes let us invite the guests in. Otherwise we would deem too impolite" Baba winks.

I almost hop in euphoria. I know I had played my trump card because this was the sign of acceptance. I know that parents never give us the satisfaction of obedience but my tactics did work and I can say that from their expression.

***
Murat's POV

"I know my parents seem a bit distant and cold now but I am sure they would come around" 

Anusha said through the phone she had gone out for her work while I was at home cooking dinner for her. I loved how domestic both of us has gotten over time it has only been one day of our marriage and I was actually starting to feel like a real married couple. 

"Okay forget all that when are you getting home?" 

"I am actually walking towards our house I am in the street nearby" 

"Great, come soon I have a really romantic dinner date planned for you"

"Cant wait, I love you Mu........" 

She was saying when suddenly I heard the phone drop followed by her screams. 

"Hello, Anusha what is happening" 

I screamed through the phone as panic mode kicked in but the phone had been disconnected. I ran outside towards the streets but I was too late there was no trace of her anywhere just her phone laid on the floor broken into pieces.