Chapter 2 - Reminders

Second Person POV

You enter the Hunters house with Mono as quietly as possible, but since the house was old and decrepit, the floorboards were bound to creek. 

With a rapidly increasing heart beat, you and Mono scramble for the nearest hiding space.

Mono is on the opposite side of the hallway from you, hiding underneath a small drawer that was barely big enough for him, let alone both of you.

This leaves you scrambling for another place to hide, so you duck into a a box hiding in the corner.

It's dark and cramped. Despite your small stature, you had to curl up as tight as you could to fit into the box.

Some dust tickles your nose, and you desperately hold in a sneeze. Your heart skips a beat when you realize there is a pair of boots just in front of your hiding spot.

You clamp a hand over your mouth to muffle your panicked breathing, and just as you thought you were going to faint from fright, the Hunter wanders away.

As you breathe a quiet sigh of relief, Mono comes out of his hiding place. He holds out his hand, just like when he first met you. However, unlike last time, you feel you can trust him just a bit more.

You take his hand with a small smile on your face.

But your smile quickly fades when you hear an eerily familiar tune playing on a music box.